Is that possible to install the Fallout 4 Creation Kit without the Bethesda Net Launcher?

VikingII

I don't want to install unwanted software as that Bethesda Net Launcher, just want the toolkit as always, by a direct download link. Is that possible or it has some kind of DRM that block any independent installation?

If I already have the game and DLCs, the Net Launcher is necessary for another important tasks in Fallout 3? Or the only thing that it can do is download the Creation Kit?

Well once you do install the CK then you do not need to use the Net Launcher. You can launch the CK using the CK.exe just like you did with the GECK. So I'm guessing you can then just uninstall the Net Launcher. Or maybe I'm wrong...

The answer helps, but to be sure, someone has uninstalled the Net Launcher and still having the Creation Kit working? May be bring problems with upgrades?

Also is that there an alternative link to download it alone? (I've searched in google and torrents but apparently there are no direct links).

I'm almost positive that once installed you will not need Net Launcher installed. However whenever the CK gets updated (remember it is beta afterall) then to get the updated versions you would need to have Net Launcher. As far as I know there is no other alternative link to download the CK at least at this time. Maybe if and when it gets out of beta possibly there will be an alternative option made available.

I didn't knew that still on beta, maybe I will continue in Pillars of Eternity a while before return to the immersive Fallout universe, but for sure I will return to Fallout 3 which I liked more because of the immersion achieved by growing in a vault, I will wait to Fallout 4 be fully modded because vanilla is kinda meh to me. Thanks for the information.

I will wait to Fallout 4 be fully modded because vanilla is kinda meh to me. Thanks for the information.

That makes sense. Eventually, the Unofficial Patch Team might iron out all the built-in mistakes and other modders will take care of the built-in deficiencies. Given enough time, Fallout 4 will look better and not be maimed with each new update. Good quest and companion mods will be released and more people will tune in to the wonderful mod Atomic Radio.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
From a Reddit Post I found:

If you look closely at the shortcut that the Bethesda Launcher put on your desktop, you can see that it isn't actually a shortcut. The target points to the Bethesda Launcher, which in turn will run the game for you. For example, if we change the address to bethesdanet://run/8, it will run FO:Shelter instead. This address is the same way Steam shortcuts are done, though they thankfully don't take as long to launch.

All we have to do is go to the installation directory of Fallout 4, which should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 .. or wherever you installed it. Now create a shortcut from CreationKit.exe and use that to launch the game!

=================

this is 100% garundamnteed to work.

I found it annoying I couldn't use Creation Kit if I wasn't connected to the internet at that time.

this entirely fixed the problem for Me tho I still keep the Beth net launcher as I need it for updates to the CK and the like.

So put a shortcut on the desktop directly to the CK in your FO4 folder. (run as admin of course)

Mind you, updates only come via the launcher.

So keep the launcher, use it from time to time to check for CK updates, otherwise, just launch CK direct.

• 1 year later...