Vanilla animations .kf files

Rangaros

Well first of all I'll start by saying this is my first post in these forums, so sorry in advance if I'm doing something wrong :P Making this topic on the wrong forum could be a start, I really got no idea where something of this nature should go.

Now to get to the point, I'd like to know if there exist .kf files with the default Vanilla animations, specifically the sneak ones, though the more I can get the better, they can always come in handy later. And if they do, where could I get them :3

Before you mention it, no, it's not to get rid of a custom animation, I know the game goes back to default if you delete any custom ones, but that's my problem, I actually need the custom ones, but not in the place they are by default :P

I'm not sure if I'm being to clear with this so, please tell me if this is not understandable enough xD

Thanks in advance and again sorry for any mistakes I could have made in posting this :P

I don't know if I got what you're aiming at, but the Vanilla KF files are all inside the meshes BSA, mostly under "meshes/characters/_male/" some also in ".../idleanims/" (or was it "specialanims"?).

You'll need a tool like BSA Commander to locate and unpack them, or OBMM's famous BSA Browser (my personal preference).

I hope this helps.

If it's the animations that have been added by a mod you're after (either a replacer mod or one that adds animations) they will generally be found in Data\meshes\characters\_male or Data\meshes\characters\_male\IdleAnims (or a subfolder added by a mod to the IdleAnims folder, e.g. Data\meshes\characters\_male\IdleAnims\personality) or in Data\meshes\characters\_male\specialanims, all located in your game install directory. The vanilla animations are located in the same named folders (with the exception of the folders used by user mods of course) located in the file Oblivion - Meshes.bsa located in your games Data folder.

Hmm so I can kinda extract .fk files from the Oblivion - Meshes.bsa file? Well then, guess I'll investigate a bit, see if I can manage :P Had no idea whatsoever, thanks for the info :3

Edit: Well that was easier than I thought, probably thanks to OBMM. Just enter on the file, select the kf files, extract XD And it's working perfectly for what I wanted :P

In case you were wondering, I wanted to replace the sneak hand to hand animations with the weaponless sneak ones, so it's not constantly with the fists held up, I think it looked silly XD

Edited by Rangaros