Data folder junk.

Lehcar

Oh Lordie I have no idea how this could have happened. Somehow, I've got over 30 GB of junk in my Data folder, which is likely why I'm having such long load times, etc...

Most of it is assorted junk in my meshes/textures folder... but I can't just go deleting it because I have so many mods that may use a lot of it... what can I do? How can I safely clean out my Data folder and get rid of junk? :(

My sympathies, I had something similar when I tryied to return to Oblivion recently, at the end I had to delete everything and reinstall, since it was close to impossible to clean it and that was only ... "Only" 17 Gb for me. Deleted over 18'000 files, not sure where that came from, actually.

On the bright side, I found many great mods I didn't know about, when I was trying to get the old ones.

Edited by elvinkun

I don't think it's unusual to have such a big Oblivion folder, specially if you tend to mod your game a lot. I'm already at 13Gb right now and I haven't added any big overhaul yet. Though I'm planning to install Elsweyr soon.

@Lehcar: What is your mod installation method of choice? Do you install them all manually, by OBMM or BAIN? Personally, I find BAIN the most helpful in sorting out which files came from which mod and which mods have what conflicting files. I think it can clean up your Data folder pretty thoroughly. It will require you to have the original archives of the mods you're using at hand though.