help with creation kit landscape editing

theapeleader

so I have an issue to where I am trying to edit the worldspace of the lake next to the sunshine tiding co-op where I want to add a road leading down to the lake. I am able to soften the vertices from the road to the lake easily to make it a smooth path. After that when I go to add a texture of LDirtGravel01 to make the road it works on the 1st quadrant, but it will not paint over any of the other 4 parts of the major quadrant. I can remove all the textures from the 4th quadrant easily, but I can only add a few specific textures to it. I have no idea whats going on. any help would be great.

I can't be certain because my computer is a potato so I can't edit that in the CK to test. However, have you tried selecting any objects and hiding them. I think you select something and press 1 twice to hide the object. Then does the LDirtGravel01 show up? I don't know if Bethesda is using it at that exact spot but they love to use meshes in place of landscaping. So a tree will sit on it's own base. You are painting on the actual ground but the tree or bush has a mesh for the base and it's a higher priority so it overwrites your ground changes. Like layers in Photoshop.

http://i.imgur.com/g5D6qPl.jpgyeah its definitely not that, I ended up just removing all the textures from the surrounding area and only showing the landscape layer. It wouldn't let me remove some of the textures for some reason though, then I tried to paste a texture over it all again same thing. Also some textures would not work to go over everything, like the road texture would only work on about 25% of them. this texture was the one that could cover the most.

Edited by theapeleader

This seems like something I'd share with Bethesda directly on Bethesda.net in the Fallout 4 CK forum. Granted I can't do it myself to confirm but it really doesn't seem like it should be happening. If they can reproduce it in house they should be able to address it. I'd do it soon while they are still working on the CK. Because at some point they will simply stop updating the CK entirely like they did with Skyrim.

• 2 months later...

btw

pressing " i" while in landscape mode and looking at a specific area (quad) will give you a little popup window where you see what textures are used there...

You can either delete/edit/replace etc. the textures in that area or free the editor to allow the painting of a new texture since there is a limit of textures per quad..

Edited by greekrage