Predator-Style Shoulder Cannon?

twowolves80

Was wondering if someone would be awesome enough (cough-cough, Ethreon or Millenia) to make a Predator Style shoulder blaster, using something like the Alien Blaster for the base weapon. It could be mounted to the outside of power armor, or with a separate pauldron to someone wearing normal clothing. Making it a custom craftable weapon would be cool, too, with the plans for it being a reward for killing that alien with the crashed UFO.

Please tell me someone is working on this or will be soon? Everyone does lightsabers, so how about something different?

• 1 year later...

Yup, I'm doing it, all together with a playable Yautja race, all weapons and armours... this shoulder cannon thing is like a hole in the head man - not easy to convince Fallout 4 that a projectile must be fired, accurate and with auto lock, when a weapon is not equipped to either hand… but I'm slowly getting the functionality I want.

Yup, I'm doing it, all together with a playable Yautja race, all weapons and armours... this shoulder cannon thing is like a hole in the head man - not easy to convince Fallout 4 that a projectile must be fired, accurate and with auto lock, when a weapon is not equipped to either hand… but I'm slowly getting the functionality I want.

giphy.gif

You, sir, are a god. I'll be more than happy to beta test it for you once I kick my Fallout 4 in the backside and get it running again. lol I dun borked it. Plus, I'm writing a wiki for myself. I'm wondering how you're pulling off this sorcery, though. Turning it into a companion, or using a companion AI? Nevermind. I don't want to know how the magician does his tricks so long as they work.

I can't speak for anyone else, but thank you.

twowolves80 - you have answered your own question pal - sorcery. Think voice power from Skyrim. More or less that. It is still only half done – once you will attach a cannon of choice (two at the moment) to a back pack of choice(also two), you get a trigger for it in your AID and you can happily shoot of limbs, blow up heads and cause a lot of chaos in general… but it is suppose to be a lock on weapon, and as far as the projectile is concern – all is good, it will be despatched instantly at any target that will be marked with the targeting computer on a FREAKING missile launcher… I need to get the targeting system on to a mask, not a weapon, especially THAT weapon. Not sure how to do that yet.

Thanks for your kind words! I will release this mod as soon as I will get basic functionality in it. I have actually already decide that it WILL be released even if I will not finish it for any reason. If that will be the case - maybe some one else will :laugh:

And beta testing will be definitely needed… my system and Fallout are far from… regular… Thanks for offer! I will keep that in mind!

I was wondering the same thing but my idea was for a weaponized suit of Power Armor. I got to doing some of the preliminary research and discovered that it's not so far outside of reality. Russia, China, UK and France have programs in place already to R&D PA suits. The US already has a suit that looks an awful lot like the Combat Gear Shepard wears in ME. Thing I'm busting my head about is the lack of a decent Grenade Launcher. Everything I've tried using the GECK turns out crap.

• 4 months later...

Any progress on this mod? Dying to play it.

This would be nice opportunity to finay craft something else than melee upgrades into Power Armor arms. Alternativly to actual firearms it could be something like a PD weaponsystem to aim at incomming grenades only to make them explode before reaching you.