Nazis

cheburator987

VO's can be taken from the movies,games like COD e.c.t

They really cant, you cannot just take sounds from random movies/games ect even if you find them on the net, They would have to recreate the sounds themselves or find some that allow them to be reused (giving credit is not enough to use any sounds/assets)

They really cant, you cannot just take sounds from random movies/games ect even if you find them on the net, They would have to recreate the sounds themselves or find some that allow them to be reused (giving credit is not enough to use any sounds/assets)

Sure I can.I do it all the time.Who cares?

Sure I can.I do it all the time.Who cares?

You can, as long as you keep it to yourself. You can't upload it.

There was a mod for Fallout 3 that made the Enclave bear Nazi looking uniforms and stuff and quite frankly it wasn't as farfetched as what you're suggesting since the Enclave had a lot in common with those bastards. The Legion however is based on Ancient Rome and as such I don't have to tell you that it's really a different concept altogether. If you're going to erase all Roman references and replace the Latin by some German phrases, you have much work to do and you'll have to redo most of the game anyway because there are countless references to the Roman quality of the Legion in the game (skirt talk among other things). Just dropping some Swastika on Legion uniforms will only look silly... Edited by Shantih

Ever heard of copyright?

My idea is simple.Replace Legion with nazis.

No way the Nazis are very uncool whilst The Legion are my Favourite FNV faction apart from The Enclave Remnants.

I actually think that the idea itself is spot on in terms of lore, historical precedent, etc. The Legion always reminded me of present-day neo-Nazis in that they emulate a dead, defeated culture and perform these mental gymnastics to convince themselves that they really are a proper succession of a historically significant group. In fact, the Nazis themselves followed this model by calling themselves the Third Reich, implying succession from the Holy Roman Empire, which itself took its name to imply succession from the original Roman Empire despite being neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire . The Romans don't induce the same kind of repulsion from people that the Nazis do, but given the historical facts perhaps they should. The parallels are many:

1. All-powerful dictators who sort of weaseled into power in broken, defeated, chaotic societies

2. Foreign conquest

3. Ethnic cleansing

4. Huge, undeniable, history-altering scientific advances

5. Eventual collapse caused by too many simultaneous war fronts

Please note, I'm not claiming to be any kind of historical scholar so if you are and you think I'm way off on any of this cut me some slack. My recollection of high school history may be a bit hazy :) But if you look at it this way Nazi history is sort of like Roman history condensed into 20 years or so. I don't think its much of a stretch to believe that the that a group of Nazi wannabes could form in the wasteland, especially considering there are probably some similar groups in Nevada right now. In fact, I think its much more likely than Roman wannabes. If nothing else it would be taboo, and taboo is always exciting.

An entirely new faction would probably be better, certainly less of a headache, than altering the existing Legion. I think it would be fun to fight the Wasteland Nazis faction. Remember the Illinois Nazis from the Blues Brothers?

"Illinois Nazis. I HATE Illinois Nazis" - Jake Blues

Unlike some other sites, we DO NOT allow copyright infringement on the Nexus. Do whatever you want on your own computer, but before you upload it please clean it up and remove any copyright infringing rips, voice files, music and anything else you did not create yourself or have permission to use. :thumbsup:

Bben46, Moderator