New Mods Wont Work?

SomeMug

I've just bought a new Windows 7 laptop and installed oblivion plus transferred all my original games and mods over and they all work fine. However whenever I download a new mod from this site they never work. I got to open oblivion and it will automatically close when the Bethesda logo appears. I've had this before due to conflicts but how can the 20 mods I've installed (which I've selected one by one to root out the problematic mod) all not work? I use 7zip to extract them which I've always done however 7zip does open differently than before and is the 64 bit version. I have tried to download them on both Google Chrome and Windows Explorer and does not make a difference. However when I download a mod using my old pc, extract the files on the old one and transfer it to my new laptop using a portable hard drive it seems to work. I'm guessing I have a setting on my laptop/7zip/antivirus that is preventing these from working (NOD32 Antivirus)? I also have tried to run OBMM to search out conflicts and some of them do not conflict with anything at all. I do not have Tes Construction Set Installed and have just re-installed the latest Oblivion Patch from the Elder Scrolls website. Can anyone point out what could be the problem? I'm thinking 7zip myself? If you want to know anymore then message me.

Thanks

SomeMug

Since the mods extracted and transferred from your old pc seem to work, make sure 7zip on your new laptop is set up to extract the mods with full paths (you can change this setting when you extract a file and the dialog window appears.)

http://i56.tinypic.com/iehwuu.jpg

Edited by Rydan

A couple other things to check :

DId you install the game using the default ? The Program FIles\ folder is high security and by default is read only so unless you change permissions files written to it will be rerouted to your user account folder and OB will not find them at times since it was not written to accomodate this (hence the suggestions to always install to a different location (ie. C:\Games\Oblivion\ or similar ) instead of using the default location if you plan on using mods.

When you reinstalled did you fully patch the game ? Mods made with the new version CS will not load in non patched games - so make sure you are running v 1.2.0416 of the game