A synth companion with story arc and other bonuses

marcmorr6

I have an idea that is a bit more than my current skill set can manage... could you all offer some ideas on the best way to impliment my idea or if its even possible as i have outlined it? I tend to think better writing my ideas on paper so i took a pic of the rough idea.

Basic idea: 3 stage companion

Stage 1. Broken gen 1 synth can be repaired at weapons bench.

A. You will need a bundle of synth parts, dropped by every synth...plus basic crafting materials.

B. Initially the synth will only perform basic settlers roles.

Stage 2: Becoming an actual follower - Upgrade to Gen 2

must have automatron expansion, must complete Ada starting quest, Must have robot workshop blueprint.

Quest started by REPAIRED SYNTH: retrieve 4 holotaoe software patches stolen by a rogue institute scientist (Virgil)

Once all 4 are obtained, synth added to robot workbench and becomes automatron type follower similar to "Wintermute" but still in gen 1 or gen 2 form, limited weapons and armor

If you side with the institute:

Quest to upgrade your synth to gen 3 will be given in the robotics puddle room...

As an immersion and survival bonus...

Gen 1 and gen 2 synth settlers can be dispatched to wasteland to forage raw materials if you side with institute...

A. Synth settler dispatched

B. Synth leaves game world for 3 days in game time

C Synth respawns with a realistic amount of random raw materials and deposits them in a special container before going back to settler duties.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Consider working the char in with Far Harbor, too? No spoilers, but semi-relevant. I mean, if you're requiring Automotron, might as well go all the way.

I had considered that for the final institute bit. /spoiler/ If you side with institute against Dima there is a new NPC there.../endspoiler/ ...maybe that NOC could send you a holotapr with the final quest to make your synth gen 3?

You would only need automatron to upgrade from settler bot to follower bot.