3gb enabler

Glazz1293

Can someone tell me how to get the 3gb enabler working for TES Oblivion,

I'm running on Windows 7 64 Bit..

For some reason when i do the startup.bat and add larger header it says "EDITBIN : FATAL ERROR LNK1104 : cannot open oblivion .exe

Large adress aware has been enabled".

Please help people..

Thank you..

Not really sure what the issue here is, I just dropped in to let you know the game won't be eating up 2 GB of RAM, in fact, it'll be lucky to break 1 GB, so the enabler really is an unnecessary step.

You'll see a larger (but still completely unnoticeable) performance boost from using Game Booster to shutdown background processes, and purge/defrag your RAM before starting Oblivion. However, at least Game Booster has the benefit of potentially increasing Oblivion's stability.

Note: The "unnoticeable" comment is assuming that you're playing Oblivion on pretty much any Dual Core (or a fast P4 with HT) with more than 1 GB of RAM, basically a computer built since ~2001.

Not really sure what the issue here is, I just dropped in to let you know the game won't be eating up 2 GB of RAM, in fact, it'll be lucky to break 1 GB, so the enabler really is an unnecessary step.

You'll see a larger (but still completely unnoticeable) performance boost from using Game Booster to shutdown background processes, and purge/defrag your RAM before starting Oblivion. However, at least Game Booster has the benefit of potentially increasing Oblivion's stability.

Note: The "unnoticeable" comment is assuming that you're playing Oblivion on pretty much any Dual Core (or a fast P4 with HT) with more than 1 GB of RAM, basically a computer built since ~2001.

Huh? My game regularly breaks the 2gb ceiling. Like, every time I play...... (I have xp 64 bit, and use the LAA patch.)

I have heard that there is a 4gb enabler for 64bit OS's, though I still have not tried it to see if it does any good. Guess I will find it and try and see what it does for me with my uFCOM install and let you guys know.

EDIT: OK, tried the game with the 4Gb patcher and my game went from using 47% of my 4Gb ram to using 47% of my 4Gb ram. In other words, I saw no difference what so ever. Game performed the same, used the same amount of ram etc etc...

Edited by Keirgarth

Huh? My game regularly breaks the 2gb ceiling. Like, every time I play...... (I have xp 64 bit, and use the LAA patch.)

That surprises me as mine rarely hits 1.1 GB on XP x64. Though I don't have a ton of bells and whistles added in the visual department as my (currently broken) 7950 GX2 can't keep up with OBGE, etc. I do have QTP3 Redimized and a few other enhancers (All Natural, IWR lighting, Enhanced Vegetation), but I'm running the lowest map size available for those mods that I can see a noticeable difference with on 1920x1080 @ 24". I'm also running a few Pyffi optimized mesh packs to keep my draw distance/tree density/grass fade high. I'm hoping to get a 560 TI soon™, and shortly thereafter a Phenom II ~980, a new HDD and Windows 7 Professional.

I run a fair few texture mods..... but that is more video RAM that gets beat up with that. My load list is pretty extensive, and includes FCOM. The game really doesn't handle memory well, one of the reasons I use Oblivion Stutter Remover, and let IT handle memory allocation. Works fairly well, my game is amazingly stable for how many mods I am running.

The vast majority of the information stored in video RAM is also stored in RAM. DX10 has added a small amount of optimization in that area but nothing huge.

Well HeyYou, yours and my game are both fairly well modded it seems and we both break the 2gig mark for ram used, though I do admit that mine is partly due to OS concerns. I do however suffer stutter at times and have not taken the time to address this myself, though the 4Gb patch did nothing for that either for me.

However, after re-reading the OP the 4Gb patch that I ran appears to be different than what the OP has run. My patch was just run once to patch the exe file, perhaps I didn't run it correctly, who knows, hehe.