Question about birthsigns

seweryn

So i have read this post Skyrim general info found on skyrim nexus

I guess you want to know about the other aspects of Character Generation... Well, there are none. In previous Elder Scrolls games, you were able to pick a class , choose which skills were your major ones and pick a birth sign. All of that has been removed, so you define your character as you play, and all skill advancements contribute to a level-up.

And I am little disturbed.

So my question is: From what I understand after reading this you won't be able to choose your birthsign ? Am I right with my reasoning ?

Or am I wrong here ?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers,

Sew.

class and birthsign are gone but this isnt a bad thing .. as most oblivion fans know that if you really want to be a badass you just make a reverse character build so you level slowly then build up your minor skills as if they were your major skills .. this change does away with that and makes it easier to change your play style after you start .. its still a class based game but you dont have a starting class .. your class is defined by how you play .. as far as birth signs? .. I don't care one bit .. instead they allow you to choose star signs whenever you want .. they are located around the world in the form of stones that you can activate.

This is a good change

class and birthsign are gone but this isnt a bad thing .. as most oblivion fans know that if you really want to be a badass you just make a reverse character build so you level slowly then build up your minor skills as if they were your major skills .. this change does away with that and makes it easier to change your play style after you start .. its still a class based game but you dont have a starting class .. your class is defined by how you play .. as far as birth signs? .. I don't care one bit .. instead they allow you to choose star signs whenever you want .. they are located around the world in the form of stones that you can activate.

This is a good change

So they changed birthsigns to starsigns, I think it is a good think.

They no longer will be static thingy.

That is great thanks.

You can find Guardian Stones around the world. There are 11 or maybe 12 Guardian Stones in total. They give you a buff that will help you skill up faster depending on the star sign you have active at the time. At least that is what I gathered from what Mr.Howard had said about them.

There are 13 guardian stones... one for each RL month and then the serpent.

These stones provide benefits for the player and you can only have one active at a time.

The 3 first ones you find are the archetype stones and they boost skill increases in their respective archetype.

So technically you do CHOOSE your birthsign, however it isnt a permanent thing should you decide that you dont like what you picked. BGS wanted to stop people from senselessly restarting their games because they dont like initial choices. So, no more attributes, no more permanent birthsigns, and the classes are what you decide to use. The only decision now is the perks that you dedicate.

I liked Birth Signs... especially ones like atnorach that seriously switched up how you have to play.. they keep it interesting and make running threw the game a second/third/fifth time a nigh completely new experience.. :'(

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Edited by blackhalo321

I think you also get to improve one of your 3 Attributes at Leveling... It may seem minor, but for those who pursue a multi-class types of character, which of the three to improve could easily become a hard choice at times.

There still are "birth sign" Abilities, you just don't pick one at character creation.

Edited by CalibanX

I liked Birth Signs... especially ones like atnorach that seriously switched up how you have to play.. they keep it interesting and make running threw the game a second/third/fifth time a nigh completely new experience.. :'(

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

I'm sure it's quite easy to move all the Guardian stones to the game's starting point, or in front of the cave after the tutorial.

I'm talking about mods off course.

Edited by Iv000