TroloWiseEared

68 members have voted

1. 1. Preffered difficulty

• Novice
    • Apprentice
    • Adept ("Normal")
    • Expert
    • Master

I agree but I would mod my damage to be the same as the NPCs. I want every player to be one or two bowshots or a few slashes from death. It encourages a player to sit and think before entering the battle because once he or she starts it, that player must do more than just run away.

Good Idea, you would have liked Thief : the dark project - Garett was not intended to be a one man army, he was a master thief. So you had to really use your head, and your supplies weren't unlimited you only had a few arrows, a blackjack, a sword and a few useful gadgets to get past your foes. The first two Thief games were just awesome. ..I heard Edios-Montreal are coming out with Thief 4 - which they have given the moronic title - Thi4f.

...THIS! :thumbsup:

though bear in mind I actually preferred Thief 2 - The metal age. The AI was much better at trying to hunt you down and the game was significantly harder on the master thief difficulty setting - you could only blackjack a few people and you couldn't kill any of them, supplies were even more limited and enemies did more damage which made lurking in the shadows hoping the guards in front of you don't notice you sneaking behind them - now that was suspense.

I know Thief was a well-crafted singleplayer sneakfest and not a full blooded RPG like Skyrim, but in a similar way that playing Portal makes you think of things in terms of portals, Thief makes you see things from Garett's perspective. The perspective of a master thief,on one mission I remember spending hours waiting and writing down the time it took for guards to do their rounds - and memorising their routes so I didn't run into any of them or have to blackjack them, or cause too much noise and alert the other guards. Storming into a bank at night, and taking on all the enemies contained within was categorically not-an-option in Thief. And 100% of the time those kind of strategies and tactics led to a sudden and violent death. Because of that there was an atmosphere of fear, that you could get caught at any moment.

Edited by shadow_scale9180

though bear in mind I actually preferred Thief 2 - The metal age. The AI was much better at trying to hunt you down and the game was significantly harder on the master thief difficulty setting - you could only blackjack a few people and you couldn't kill any of them, supplies were even more limited and enemies did more damage which made lurking in the shadows hoping the guards in front of you don't notice you sneaking behind them - now that was suspense.

I know Thief was a well-crafted singleplayer sneakfest and not a full blooded RPG like Skyrim, but in a similar way that playing Portal makes you think of things in terms of portals, Thief makes you see things from Garett's perspective. The perspective of a master thief,on one mission I remember spending hours waiting and writing down the time it took for guards to do their rounds - and memorising their routes so I didn't run into any of them or have to blackjack them, or cause too much noise and alert the other guards. Storming into a bank at night, and taking on all the enemies contained within was categorically not-an-option in Thief. And 100% of the time those kind of strategies and tactics led to a sudden and violent death. Because of that there was an atmosphere of fear, that you could get caught at any moment.

please, talk more of this beautiful game.... :biggrin:

but in all seriousness guys,,,I am quite eager to hear your concepts.

Think like a Dev, no a fan.

You sound like my Game Design instructor! lol I feel like answering this question is like doing a homework assignment...

Isn't it traditionally done where there is an increase of creatures and level of creatures to encounter? Within Skyrim, I would say that when set at the higher difficulty levels when determining re spawning of creatures, the different regions you have previously visited reset the level of creatures that challenges the player. Have it set so that the AI determines that a nearby creature type would logically enter the region due to the player ridding the region of it's previous inhabitance. But these next creatures are not only stronger than the previous but also a bit stronger than the player's current level.

You sound like my Game Design instructor! lol I feel like answering this question is like doing a homework assignment...

Isn't it traditionally done where there is an increase of creatures and level of creatures to encounter? Within Skyrim, I would say that when set at the higher difficulty levels when determining re spawning of creatures, the different regions you have previously visited reset the level of creatures that challenges the player. Have it set so that the AI determines that a nearby creature type would logically enter the region due to the player ridding the region of it's previous inhabitance. But these next creatures are not only stronger than the previous but also a bit stronger than the player's current level.

Radiant Story could accomplish this quite nicely... :thumbsup: