ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Missing textures for Argonian and Kajitt

sorceress99

I found my way here via a Google link on the subject of Argonians missing textures. I do play both games, by the way... but the Google link mentioned NOTHING about OBLIVION being the subject in question. Their bad... NOT MINE! I'm not a complete airhead, if that's what you're trying to imply, DrakeTheDragon!!! ;-P

To prove my point, I did finally find the area I was supposed to be posting in (for Skyrim). But don't kid yourself, buddy. Nexus is NOT as easy to navigate as you'd like to make it out to be! :wallbash:

Yeah, Google's excerpts aren't always giving away the really relevant information about where it's leading you to. That's a common pitfall and no need to excuse for falling into. It was an honest question of me how you stumbled into here without noticing it's the wrong place to ask your questions, nothing else. So, no, I was not "trying to imply" anything at all, just genuinely wondering myself. Many people are new to the Nexus and don't know the forums layout or what goes where. That's part of what we're here for, to take care off-topic questions go to the places they should've been asked in originally, so people will get their answers faster and unrelated sections aren't spammed with off-topic junk.

Neither the page you landed on nor the topic you got linked into automatically give away it's not a section appropriate for your inquiry. Sure, it says in the breadcrumb above:

"The Nexus Forums > Nexus Site Forums > Nexus site forums > Oblivion > General Oblivion > Oblivion Technical Support"

but that small line up there is also rather easy to miss, and apart from this there was nothing telling you you're wrong inside here either. It's all easily excusable, nothing to make a fuss about or anything.

That's why I told you it's the wrong place and where the proper place is instead, just directing you to the right places, so you'll find your answers faster than when asking at places where nobody knows them.

Recently the folder structure inside the forums here was redesigned a little. There were far too many games supported now for their sections to all remain linked to from the top-level directly anymore. People had to scroll down dozens of display pages of games' sub-sections first, before they reached the non-game-related forum sections they were searching for at the bottom end. Thus all game sections are now found inside an own sub-section "Nexus Site Forums" instead, to clean up the top-level layout a little and shorten the list to scroll down over some.

So, again, even not finding the Skyrim section I told you of on your own already very well is pretty much excusable still. That's why I gave a link when you asked back. All is well and nothing's to worry about at this point.

Though I do have to wonder why you still posted the exact same off-topic questioning you now re-posted in all the involved mods' comment topics and another off-topic place, the general "Site" Feedback, Suggestions and Questions section (which it will be moved out of shortly by a member of staff as well), inside here again anyways, although I told you this isn't the right place at all and you're not likely to get a response here already. And at this point I don't know what to think of it anymore, honestly. :blink:

But don't be afraid. Here on Nexus we don't "ban" lightly. For all this off-topic spamming of the same question all over in different places you 'might' earn a "warning", if anything, at some point, maybe, depends on other things as well, but I doubt it'll even come to this that quickly only for the spamming alone. Most of it will just be removed, either by the authors of the topics spammed inside, or by staff on their request. It's really not easy to earn a "ban" on the Nexus, despite public mis-information at multiple off-site places. Just telling, as your posts make it seem to be easy to get banned for the things you posted enough for you to be afraid of it happening already.

(However, there will be no differences made between Premium, Supporter or regular members when it comes to repercussions. Members who donated to the site with buying a Premium or Supporter membership can ask for a refund and get their money back, but their status will not protect them from moderation. Just informing, not warning or anything though. Don't worry.)

P.S.: Right now I'm only posting to you as a mod author, who knows the Nexus from hanging around here since long before it became the Nexus even (my account was migrated over from its previous incarnation TESSource or what it was when the Nexus was created), sharing all knowledge I possess with those searching for it and helping people around the place who're not as used to it as I am. When I'm talking to you as a moderator you'll notice by me using the orange pen. I was doing this helping people around thing already long before I was made a moderator and am still doing it now, of course. All is well. :thumbsup: