Need to get rid of Deacon

TheGadget1945

I am using the multiple companions framework and have Cait, Curie and Piper with me. In a moment of lunacy I added Deacon but I find him an irritating bore and I need to dismiss him. However , it seems I must have cut a conversation short and now I cannot dismiss him and resetAi doesn' work.

Any attempt to talk just results in him going on about his - you know what.

Is there any way to get rid of him, up to and including murder ?

You could try a console command to change his affinity level. Just open the console and type PRID 50976 then press enter.

Then type set ca_affinity -1000 and press enter. He should really hate you now and should not want to be your companion any longer.

Note that I have never tried to set the affinity level to a negative value so I don't know if it will work but you could always try. Just be sure to save before trying it.

Well tonight after a couple of pints of strong cider I tried the console command but it didn't work , nor the variations I found on the web.

I fired missiles at his head in frustration.

Then I found this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12478/?

To be on the safe side I both dismissed the girls (heartbreaking) and disabled the companions mod and enabled the Kill Companion mod.

Opened the game and travelled to the Sentinel Site to put a bullet in his head and.....he never showed up !

I am free of him at last.

I presume he is at Graygarden where I left him, and he can stay there forever.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

On the Steam forums from 2020

Originally posted by zakimonster:

I just came across this issue and solved it by giving the note from my inventory to Deacon. When I speak to him after that I have the option to activate the note and he dialogs it was all a joke and goes back to normal interactions for talking, dismissing etc. Hope that helps!