where do i get a mod installer tool

CamCo3D

okay i got the mod "return to sancor tor", and in the instructions it tells me to copy a certain line to oblivion.ini, well i have no idea where oblivion.ini is and i cant find it anywehere. it also says a mod installer tool will do this step automaticaly, but where do i get one? looked for that too. thanks to anyone who decides to help me!

ive looked it up on yahoo and i cant seem to find the oblivion.ini in my documents/my games/oblivion folder. probly be best if i just got the installer tool so i dont mess things up :P

The file Oblivion.ini will be located in Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Oblivion for Vista and Windows 7 and in Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion for Windows XP. You may not see the 'ini' file extension unless you have 'Hide extensions for known file types' un-ticked in Windows Explorer (Folder Options View tab on my Win XP machine, probably somewhere similar on Vista and Win 7). It should open in Notepad when you double click it. If you look in the correct folder and see a file named Oblivion (and make sure you're NOT looking in your game install folder) you can right click it and select 'Open with' from the right click menu, then select Notepad.

As far as mod installers, it all depends on what the mod has with it. Does the mod say that it is capable of being installed with anything in particular? Does it say to use Wrye Bash, OBMM or manual install? If there is a folder that says something about omod installer info or something with omod in the folder name, there is a high probability that you can use OBMM to install it. There are tutorials on how to create omod's using OBMM and it is pretty easy when the mod has the omod folder. Wrye Bash and OBMM can be downloaded from TESNexus, but for novices I would recommend OBMM first.

Another thing to consider is making sure that you have all the requirements for the particular mod as well as the mod itself. There are quite a number of mods that require OBSE which adds scripting functions not found in the basic vanilla version of Oblivion. Read the readme to be sure you have everything.