Certain mods make my skyrim crash right after bethesda logo

cmssd

I have some little skyrim mods that work, but once I download a mod that I actually am excited for it crashes right when the start up screen starts up. Yes I downloaded everything I needed for each individual mod and yes I have SKSE (Latest Version). Yes I have all DLC, I have tried literally everything that I could find on the forums/google and nothing has helped, maybe someone knows whats going on but at this rate I'm at a loss.

Edited by cmssd

The order your mods are loaded in is probably not correct.

Download a Program called LOOT. Heres the link: https://loot.github.io/

Run it and sort your mods and that should fix your problem.

Do you use Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer to install your mods? If not I highly recommend you to check either one out. Using them makes it soooo much easier to install and uninstall mods rather than copying files manually. I myself prefer Mod Organizer.

Sorry if you already know this stuff, but just making sure in case you're new to modding. :smile:

Edited by daniel844

I have some little skyrim mods that work, but once I download a mod that I actually am excited for it crashes right when the start up screen starts up. Yes I downloaded everything I needed for each individual mod and yes I have SKSE (Latest Version). Yes I have all DLC, I have tried literally everything that I could find on the forums/google and nothing has helped, maybe someone knows whats going on but at this rate I'm at a loss.

Try this.

Try this.

Guide is missing a few things and needs to be rewritten for better wording. I will get to it during this weekend or next week.

But, as far as basic information goes, then it should tell what is going on. One or more files is missing a master file from DLC or mod set as a master for it. LOOT (recommended in every case, because it is used to sort the load order) and/or TES5Edit (xEdit) would tell you what is missing.

The order your mods are loaded in is probably not correct.

Download a Program called LOOT. Heres the link: https://loot.github.io/

Run it and sort your mods and that should fix your problem.

Do you use Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer to install your mods? If not I highly recommend you to check either one out. Using them makes it soooo much easier to install and uninstall mods rather than copying files manually. I myself prefer Mod Organizer.

Sorry if you already know this stuff, but just making sure in case you're new to modding. :smile:

Link to LOOT is bad.