Replacers not working

BlackBaron2

The body mesh and texture replacers I use aren't working. I am using ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated and my INI file has set bInvalidateOlderFiles to 1. I've got the bodies installed correctly, but they still don't work. Why is this happening?

What body replacer are you using? Did you install it recently? Are you sure you installed them correctly, check Data/meshes and Data/textures to make sure. Also, are you using any other mods that could override the changes, can you post your load order?

These don't have ESPs. My clothing mesh and texture replacers are all pluginless, so it's not a load order thing or broken plugins. I'm using Robert's Male and Female bodies with respective stock clothing replacers. My texture replacers are Really Textured Normal Maps and Lush and Gaudy Floriana Requiem. These all work OK normally. However, none of these are working right now and I've done all the archive invalidation stuff I was meant to--had it still on before reinstalling in fact.

Meshes don't work either? Weird, meshes have nothing to do with ArchiveInvalidation, it effects only textures. I never heard of that kind of problem. Did you try toggling your ArchiveInvalidation on and off?

Install order is important when dealing with esp-less replacers. Did you recently install another replacer? If so check the extracted downloaded archive and see what it may have overwritten. OMODs can be a problem when dealing with replacers, because unless you unpack the OMOD to a temporary folder and check out it's contents you'll have no idea what's being overwritten (trust me I know ... that lesson came the 'hard knocks' way).

It wasn't an OMOD, but I'll try turning off archive invalidation and putting it back. Maybe that's why it's broken.

EDIT: That hasn't helped either. I'm still seeing vanilla bodies, so I'm trying to reinstall the whole game again. Ugh.

Are you on the Steam version of the game? There are some peculiarities around the Steam game and archive invalidation. Apparently the Steam version bsa files are all given new dates so then your mods appear as older than the game to BSA Redirection and it uses the original assets from the bsa rather than your replacer's. You can use a utility like File Date Changer 1.61 or FileDate Changer v1.1 to change your bsa dates. If MShoap13 sees this post he may pipe in with more info (all I know on the situation is from following his posts on the subject).

I am using the Steam version indeed. Maybe that's why it's being such a damn bin liner.

EDIT:

Thanks for the link to the FileDateChanger. That's fixed it.