Replacers not working

BlackBaron2

• 3 years later...

Are you on the Steam version of the game? There are some peculiarities around the Steam game and archive invalidation. Apparently the Steam version bsa files are all given new dates so then your mods appear as older than the game to BSA Redirection and it uses the original assets from the bsa rather than your replacer's. You can use a utility like File Date Changer 1.61 or FileDate Changer v1.1 to change your bsa dates. If MShoap13 sees this post he may pipe in with more info (all I know on the situation is from following his posts on the subject).

how do you use this i tried and still have vanilla textures and meshes

how do you use this i tried and still have vanilla textures and meshes

Shaltak, this is a three years old thread and this information is outdated and obsolete, you aren't supposed to use it.

For Archive Invalidation, the current versions of Oblivion Mod Manager, Wrye Bash and (I think) Nexus Mod Manager have a built-in Archive Invalidation procedure. You don't need extra tools nor separate Archive Invalidation Mods.

Delete the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.txt file from your game, and then, open Oblivion Mod Manager (if you use it), click te "Utilities" button (right side of the window), select "Archive Invalidation", in the new window that appears, make sure the option "BSA Redirection" is ckeched, leave all the options as default, and click the "Reset BSA TImestamps" button, and then the "Update Now" button. Once the "Updated!" status message appears, close the Archive Invalidation window and you can start the game.

I don't know how to use Wrye Bash but the procedure should be somewhat similar.

Cheers!