Thieves in Skyrim

davyfieo

Who is gonna play thief? So far what i've seen the assassin/thief is a bit meh ... dont you think? Comparing the thief skills with Warrior and mage, thief seems a lil bit dissapointing. Especcialy with achery in warrior build. the only cool thing imo is the stealth dagger kills with a high multiplier, but to do that the whole game ? what do you guys think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya it definitely does, and it seems that theres gonna be an even bigger gap between the usefullnes of heavy armor versus light since their isn't the last light armor buff anymore, the 50% more armor when wearing light armor, to even up the playing field...

Mods are going to even the melee rogue out though since they are going to be pretty bad at fighting.. ranged rogues will still be good because you can run away/scenery glich to stay out of combat while pewing away with that bow that now do fantastic damage. If someone added in a parry/dodge mod or a just a better combat in general one it should fix the issue and odds say there will be one out not 2 months after launch ;D

Edited by Alistat

Ya it definitely does, and it seems that theres gonna be an even bigger gap between the usefullnes of heavy armor versus light since their isn't the last light armor buff anymore, the 50% more armor when wearing light armor, to even up the playing field...

Light Armor perks have been revealed...?

I'm sure that the stealthy gameplay just hasn't been seen a whole lot since it's not necessarily good TV - a lot of creeping around and waiting. I am following the mantra "Trust in Todd" until proven otherwise - which won't be until 11/12/11 at the earliest. I'm sure Bethesda is aware of how popular this play style is... after all there are at least 2 factions dedicated to this very concept...

There are 2 styles of play and there are 2 ways to play in TES games. Then there is direct and indirect confrontation.

Magic and combat are the two styles of play. No matter if you run in fireballs blazing, or sneak around with a bow and arrow, these are the TWO ways in which you approach situations.

Then you are either avoiding conflict or finding it. You can sneak around and not fight a single enemy in the game and that is how some people like to play. However, no matter how sneaky you are, if you get caught you have to resort to magic or combat, or rely on those skills to protect you long enough to get away.

Stealth skills deal with what they are supposed to, avoiding being detected. In that regard the thief perks are pretty awesome. Hiding in plane sight, pickpocketing equipped armor and weapons, poison potency... etc.

I fear it is a poor misconception to think that an assassin is closer related to a thief, when in reality they are a warrior as much as an archer, they simply utilize the elements of surprise to their advantage. A true thief wouldnt ever need a weapon on their person. Same with an expert assassin...

Hmm... random thought: Combining the Night Thief perk with the Poisoned perk might be kinda fun...

Sleeping people would be at your complete mercy as Night Thief allows you to pickpocket sleeping people with very low chance of detection, and Poisoned lets you slip poisons into their bloodstreams by reverse-pickpocketing... they'd die without any sign of harm whatsoever mwahahaha. Perfect assassination.

Edited by Adrius2