Thieves in Skyrim

davyfieo

I don't understand why in these conversations about the thief "class" it always get's brought up at some point that archery is now a warrior skill. IT DOESN'T MATTER! You aren't constrained to specific choices in Skyrim there is absolutely nothing that says oh archery is in the warrior category so you can't use it as a thief. You won't receive a penalty of any sort for using archery with a stealth class, so stop bringing that up as if it is relevant.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... wonder if you can actually sneak up on dragons or if they just appear out of the sky randomly... can we spot one in the distance perhaps? Just resting or something?

Sneak killing a sleeping dragon would be pretty awesome :) Highly unlikely you'd reach that kinda damage, but at least hurt it pretty badly.

That would prolly just piss it off lol

I don't understand why in these conversations about the thief "class" it always get's brought up at some point that archery is now a warrior skill. IT DOESN'T MATTER! You aren't constrained to specific choices in Skyrim there is absolutely nothing that says oh archery is in the warrior category so you can't use it as a thief. You won't receive a penalty of any sort for using archery with a stealth class, so stop bringing that up as if it is relevant.

Exactly. Todd has even said that is was just a way to group the skills for organization. Play who you want. Specialize in anything. Be a lockpicking sneaky guy who dual wields axes. Go crazy!

btw, can you poison your arrows in skyrim?

If I understand correctly, you poison the weapons directly (this case the bow) and you get multiple strikes before the poison is "off" your weapon. Someone please correct me if I am understanding incorrectly.