would it work

cyvash

Okay while i was getting a mod to work i have 4 CM based companions and had them follow the stand guard order in my castle that someone created, now when i finally lugged back all the clothes fromt that shop had trouble working with, those 4 cm based companions weren't there, i check all the rooms and they simply weren't there, the castle has two rooms that has portals to every fighter's guild, and mages guild, along with portals to training areas, i checked every where they could be, even the spawn points where i recureted them. i then turned off the game to see if their mods were off.... they weren't, now since then i have tuned thier mods off because i have no clue were they could be, im eventually going to have them turned on again, before i go back and recruit them, would it work if i used the cosoul command "lock 100" to lock up the castle so they cant go anywhere unless i unlock it, would it work, and they wont dissapear if i do that

Lock would only work to stop someone getting in, not out. I wonder if it's something related to the cells resetting. You say this is a user created castle ... any more details on that?

Lock would only work to stop someone getting in, not out. I wonder if it's something related to the cells resetting. You say this is a user created castle ... any more details on that?

honestly i have no clue, this is the one i used, http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=26301, im looking at what kind of player castles are out there so i can have my companions stay in one place and thats fancy, only onei had in the castle didnt dissaper, because he wasnt CM based, i know before those four dissabeared one of them was running around in a cricle spazzing out

A quick look over the mod leads me to believe the entire castle is one cell. I see references to portals to just about the entire planet of Nirn (well I'm exaggerating but you get the point). My general experience with CM Partners is that they'll stay in the cell you tell them to stay in. I've parked all the boys in either their original location (many unrecruited) or a bar I thought needed more bodies. The girls either hang at one of the default player houses, an inn or Battlehorn Castle (wherever I can put up with them knocking everything onto the floor and killing the other NPCs with their spell practicing). With the girls, I've left them recruited but told them to 'stay here'. I did take the girls that had been staying in Battlehorn master's chambers and left them in the main hall because they were constantly trying to walk through the secret entrance to the caverns, but they never tried activating the pillar to open the secret door (but I didn't leave them there long after I parked them, as the constant walking into the wall was annoying).

My guess is your four girls are off on an adventure started by going through one of the portals (more likely four individual adventures ... CM Partners don't interact with one another beyond vanilla interactions, and road trips aren't vanilla).

A quick look over the mod leads me to believe the entire castle is one cell. I see references to portals to just about the entire planet of Nirn (well I'm exaggerating but you get the point). My general experience with CM Partners is that they'll stay in the cell you tell them to stay in. I've parked all the boys in either their original location (many unrecruited) or a bar I thought needed more bodies. The girls either hang at one of the default player houses, an inn or Battlehorn Castle (wherever I can put up with them knocking everything onto the floor and killing the other NPCs with their spell practicing). With the girls, I've left them recruited but told them to 'stay here'. I did take the girls that had been staying in Battlehorn master's chambers and left them in the main hall because they were constantly trying to walk through the secret entrance to the caverns, but they never tried activating the pillar to open the secret door (but I didn't leave them there long after I parked them, as the constant walking into the wall was annoying).

My guess is your four girls are off on an adventure started by going through one of the portals (more likely four individual adventures ... CM Partners don't interact with one another beyond vanilla interactions, and road trips aren't vanilla).

they might have been, but well i will never never know, and well they were four men i have the girls and a giant mudcrab following me, i had mace windu, teddy roseavelt, jack sparrow, and the headless horseman, and too be sure it didnt affect anyother cm based mods i checked on the only ones i can be sure of which was some werewolves, they were where they should be though one cm i cant find his spawn point

this the goblin im looking for, im going to name him nob, http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20837

It appears you also are using some 'CM based' partners. No telling what extra stuff has been added to them as far as AI packages and/or scripts. You can always disable the mod, make a clean save and then re-enable the mod if it's only adding the partners who went MIA and they're ones added by a user created CM based mod. They'll be back at their original location, same as the first time you installed them (I wouldn't do this with the base CM Partners mod before making sure none of the CM based partners have anything in their inventory I didn't mind losing though ... if you installed the basic CM Partners plus all the extras that come with it you could have 88 partners, and that's before you start with the user created ones).

It appears you also are using some 'CM based' partners. No telling what extra stuff has been added to them as far as AI packages and/or scripts. You can always disable the mod, make a clean save and then re-enable the mod if it's only adding the partners who went MIA and they're ones added by a user created CM based mod. They'll be back at their original location, same as the first time you installed them (I wouldn't do this with the base CM Partners mod before making sure none of the CM based partners have anything in their inventory I didn't mind losing though ... if you installed the basic CM Partners plus all the extras that come with it you could have 88 partners, and that's before you start with the user created ones).

thats what i said, cm based companions, i didnt install the one that puts 88 new recruitable npcs to the game, just user based cm companions, what they were wearing were just user created weapons and armor, which i turned off after they dissapeared, what im going to do is forever lock the doors too the doors that take them wheare ever they want in the world, right now rex is just gaurding the castle's entrance, or just steel armor

You did install the CM Partners Basic, which is required for the other user made CM based mods to work, right (I'm sure you must have for them to work at all).

yes i have the cm master file, and the cm .esp the ones that adds more npcs aren't installed, i just tried that idea at locking the portal doors that didnt work, i dump them in a room, lock it from the inside then tcl away would that stop them

I'd be looking for somewhere else to park them ... unless you enjoy the constant hunt to find them. Try parking some at one of the vanilla game player homes and see what happens (even the Waterfront shack).