I Hate The Soundtrack

RS13

I really think it I might hate it more than any game's soundtrack ever. I feel like Todd Howard told the composer "I want a soundtrack that makes me feel like Theon Greyjoy in a brothel. But more... Serious. Like Theon Greyjoy in brothel reading hamlet while Schindler's list plays while discussing the meaning of life. Yeah..."

(Obviously, I mean the actual soundtrack. not the radio.)

I really think it I might hate it more than any game's soundtrack ever. I feel like Todd Howard told the composer "I want a soundtrack that makes me feel like Theon Greyjoy in a brothel. But more... Serious. Like Theon Greyjoy in brothel reading hamlet while Schindler's list plays while discussing the meaning of life. Yeah..."

well wtf do you expect!? This is a world after the nuclear holocaust. Everything wont be dandy pal

I actually liked the soundtrack, whether it's the music I hear while loitering in Goodneighbor or the odd crescendo as I wander the Wasteland. And I also like it when it's quite, allows for some introspection.

What I hate personally are all of the music stations, because they each come with that one super annoying soundtrack that grinds my nerves such as the "It's a Man!" song on Diaadid City Radio (ugh....). The only time I hear any radio stations is when I am in a town, and I am quick to get out when I can because that crap is never on my PipBoy.

Edited by CyrusAmell

well wtf do you expect!? This is a world after the nuclear holocaust. Everything wont be dandy pal

Fallout 3 and Fallout NV were post apocalyptic also. Neither of them were so deary. And Fallout 4 *the game* isn't even that deary. This is a game where you dress up as a f*cking superhero, meet a sultry all-woman assualtron, meet a supermutant who's taken a far too literal reading of MacBeth and f*ck a robot (not a sebot; a freaking robobrain). That levity is nowhere reflected in FO4's soundtrack.

And it's not just that it's sad, it's that whole thing just drips with the sort of self-seriousness that weighs fallout 4 down. Even if Fallout 4 were as unrelenting depressing as the soundtrack, it wouldn't be nearly so serious as the soundtrack.

Fallout 3 and Fallout NV were post apocalyptic also. Neither of them were so deary. And Fallout 4 *the game* isn't even that deary. This is a game where you dress up as a f*cking superhero, meet a sultry all-woman assualtron, meet a supermutant who's taken a far too literal reading of MacBeth and f*ck a robot (not a sebot; a freaking robobrain). That levity is nowhere reflected in FO4's soundtrack.

And it's not just that it's sad, it's that whole thing just drips with the sort of self-seriousness that weighs fallout 4 down. Even if Fallout 4 were as unrelenting depressing as the soundtrack, it wouldn't be nearly so serious as the soundtrack.

I really liked Fallout 4 soundtrack. With how the enviroment was upgraded due to engine finally running 64bit, the whole cinematic experience was enhanced by a bit more gentle background music. It felt refreshing.

I would say that Fallout 3 and NV soundtrack was heavy, sometimes to the point you kinda felt depressed. In F3 the music would play over and over again even after clearing whole location. NV was exception, since it was made by Obsidian. They had more scripted events like meeting Legion for the first time (which was incredibly creepy!).

I suggest looking through music replacers and radiostation mods. Radio actually toggles off background music, so you can basically have anything playing as long as it's in the right format. I even saw "Do it yourself" FO3 music replacer not long ago.

ambience music mods - I liked the ambience too but sometimes there were elements of the active music or whatever I wasn't a huge fan of, there's also battle music replacers etc
you should check the full list, there's lots of good stuff it's under audio-music but there's other audio elements too
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/categories/?

stalker soundtrack - yes it's creepy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/148/?
fallout 1 ambience - probably good, fallout 1 had interesting music, sorta, was good ambience
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2990/?

dynamic music overhaul... has different options

Q: Why did you create this?
A: I always felt it was silly that you knew you being attacked simply because the musical cue told you so. Having combat music play before even spotting an enemy hurts the atmosphere of the game. It removes all the suspense and danger that comes from exploring the post apocalyptic wasteland. What's worse, half the time your stalker is nothing more than a molerat or bloatfly...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10370/?

digital nightmare - dunno this one but people like it so there you go, it's got more of a combichrist sound to it
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14449/?

Edited by tartarsauce2