I Hate The Soundtrack

RS13

I do have to admit there are a few tracks that confuse me.. making me think the soundtrack is messed up and playing two songs at once. Example: This song just sounds wrong to me. At the same time though it adds an eeriness to the world so I guess it works out fine. (however, I find the world most eerie if I just turn the music completely off.)

Edited by vyvexthorne

I find the world most eerie if I just turn the music completely off.

That's actually been my solution. Everyone's suggesting their favorite soundtrack replacement, but I think the absence of a soundtrack works pretty well. I actually had completely forgotten how repulsive I found the soundtrack until I did a clean install (so I could switch to MO2) and my settings got reset. Loading the game up to hear that deary opening music--I'd been using http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2415/?--followed by that just weird institute music... that's what sparked this whole post.

Yeah.. silence is great. The ambient noise of the world is really quite good. The only places that really ends up bothering me is in the "towns" .. There's barely any chatter. NPC's don't talk to one another. Skyrim even had npc's that blabbed and made noise. They seem to have forgotten that detail in Fallout 4. It makes the towns and settlements feel so dull and lifeless. Raiders and mutants talk to one another more than the settlers and townsfolk.

Dynamic Musc Overhaul cuts out a lot "event" music saving it for especially tough enemies for example. Makes any soundtrack a lot less repetitive and ultimately more tolerable.

Fallout 4 has like the best atmospheric soundtrack. Everything fits a certain mood. Like the musical difference between being in the forest and being along the coast is perfect. Even the faction BGM are great imo especially Institute's.