Texture problem

Zabuz

Hi guys i was wondering if u can help me,i ve just instaled elder scrolls 4 oblivion no expansion no addons and i have a problem with the ground texture outside when i exit the sewers i see the ground in purple-dark parts many of them i can see the trees,grass,rocks perfectly ,but the ground has almost no texture just dark and many lines ..the further i go the more lines i see and dark squares ,i have fair Pc 2GB Ram,Dual core 6000 Amd Processor ,Video Board:gForcehttp://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?# 440 1GB DDR5. i hope u guys can help me thanks

What Windows are you using?

What version of the driver are you using?

Where did you install the game?

Were there any issues during the install?

Have you updated with the latest patches and installed the unofficial patches?

With all those questions, and a complete vanilla install, I would think the issue would be with your video card drivers. If you are using the latest drivers, I would consider getting drivers that are a couple of versions older. If you are not using the most recent ones, get the new ones and see what happens.

What Windows are you using?

What version of the driver are you using?

Where did you install the game?

Were there any issues during the install?

Have you updated with the latest patches and installed the unofficial patches?

With all those questions, and a complete vanilla install, I would think the issue would be with your video card drivers. If you are using the latest drivers, I would consider getting drivers that are a couple of versions older. If you are not using the most recent ones, get the new ones and see what happens.

1:I am using Windows Xp sp2

2:Drivers are rather new.download them from nvidia 2 months ago]

3:I installed the game on an normal partition not the one with windows on it.

4:No issues during the setup ,only at the finish point when the setup ask to read instructions and create a desktop shortcut,evrything went black in the setup window..(i had to close from task manager)

5:I didnt update to any patch,only installed the game and thats all

I am gonna try to do something with my video Drivers to see what happens.And Btw ,Yes my texture size its Large at video meniu , i tried to set it on low ,still nothing low only low graphics. this is how i see the texture just like this guy gonna go check if he can find a way to fix it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDSC_8oCgx4. thank you guys for helping.

Edited by Zabuz

The fact that you had an install lockup at the end of the install suggests that something might have happened that could have corrupted the install.

From the description that he gives in his comments, the thinks that the issue is related to new textures that are installed during the latest patch for the game. You can try and download his copy of the files to see if that helps out.

The fact that you had an install lockup at the end of the install suggests that something might have happened that could have corrupted the install.

From the description that he gives in his comments, the thinks that the issue is related to new textures that are installed during the latest patch for the game. You can try and download his copy of the files to see if that helps out.

The problem is i did not applied any patch to the game i fixed the purple spots with some new overwrites in texture folder but i cant fix the fact that my distant land has no detail only trees and rocks when i activate LOD(Distant Land Seting) and when without LOD the view distance is to low to be playable ... this thing makes me crazy ...i never had any other problems with any other games :( any more ideas ? thanks

The problem is i did not applied any patch to the game i fixed the purple spots with some new overwrites in texture folder but i cant fix the fact that my distant land has no detail only trees and rocks when i activate LOD(Distant Land Seting) and when without LOD the view distance is to low to be playable ... this thing makes me crazy ...i never had any other problems with any other games :( any more ideas ? thanks

I cant find this LandscapeLOD and Generated in my texture folder.. Should i copy them in landscape folder or make a landscapeLOD folder ...or how should i do it?

thanks

Edited by Zabuz

This is usually a shader problem( the purple map on the floor thing). Download http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20348

At least that fixed it for me, some years ago.

If any other problems come, I suggest a reinstall. It generally means you've screwed up something somewhere, or something happened while installing.

Cheers,

Matth

This is usually a shader problem( the purple map on the floor thing). Download http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20348

At least that fixed it for me, some years ago.

If any other problems come, I suggest a reinstall. It generally means you've screwed up something somewhere, or something happened while installing.

Cheers,

Matth

+1 --- Usually this occurs when for some reason the shader folder does not get updated when patching the game download and install the shaders linked by Matth85 and it should fix you up.