Your Beloved...

TroloWiseEared

Your Beloved  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite MAJOR new updated feature from Oblivion To Skyrim

• Havok Animations (responsible for more lifelike npc movements, Work Animations and Fight configuration )?
    • Speed Tree & draw distance update (Graphics)
    • Seperate Hand Based Equiping?
    • Radiant A.I & Story?
    • Return To Morrowind's World Leveling System(enemies & loot no longer level with you entirely)?
    • Improved Modding Community Support & New Features?
    • Other? State Below :)
  2. 2. Your Favorate LESSER updated feature

• Less Atrittion & Improved Combat?
    • Shout System & Dragons?
    • A.I. Overhaul, daily routines & creature Ecology & foodchains?
    • Perk Based Skill System?
    • Dynamic Weather, Improved Ambience & Dynamic Snow/Rain fall
    • 72 Voice Actors & guest voice actors?(60,000 lines of dialogue)
  3. 3. Your Largest Discrepency

• Removal of Class based System?
    • Armor & Weapon Degration Removal?
    • Perk Based System?
    • Graphics?
    • Console Limitations?
    • Other? State Below :)

I voted "Other" for the discrepancy

And what it is is thus..... My one....only..... Annoyance with Skyrim is that melee physics haven't had a noticeable upgrade. That slashing a sword through an enemy is still unconvincing, like you are swinging a chopstick of air.

Bethesda are a great developer, I love the worlds they build for us to explore, but yeah.... They haven't made much progress in fixing their physics/animations for melee combat.

Removal of Class based System? - Not a negative, imho. Most of my characters eventually turn into "I can do it all" types anyway.

Armor & Weapon Degration Removal? - When your armor has 500 points of durability, you're level 40 (via mods), and a muskrat wrecks your boots in two bites, degredation is nothing short of annoying. Again.. not a negative.

Perk Based System? (2 votes [14.29%]) - I haven't seen it (Skyrim's) yet, so I can't comment.

Graphics? (1 votes [7.14%]) - I'm looking forward to it.

Console Limitations? (5 votes [35.71%]) - What?

Other? State Below :) (2 votes [14.29%]) - I would've really liked to see different Vampire mechanics. Oh well, that's what mods are for.

Removal of Class based System? - Not a negative, imho. Most of my characters eventually turn into "I can do it all" types anyway.

I personally don't really like that we are all now highly encouraged to become 'stealth armorsmith healers that brew potions' in addition to everything else... since there are now no stats or even major/minor skills like in Oblivion to deture people from leveling these skills off to the side, meaing they seem to be the 'must have' skills in every build for this game (most notably stealth and restoration >< wich give extremely nice bonuses to combat, ones only to be skipped over on any charector for the sake of rollplaying)

It seems in need of modding.

Armor & Weapon Degration Removal? - When your armor has 500 points of durability, you're level 40 (via mods), and a muskrat wrecks your boots in two bites, degredation is nothing short of annoying. Again.. not a negative.

meh sort of liked the concept, but the way Oblivion actually implemented it and odds say Skyrim would have too means it was worth dropping. I was just going to work it in into my attempt at a better economy mod (were being rich legitimately means something), but I guess that just makes more work if I still want to add it in:/

Perk Based System

seems a poor improvement to the old bar system, since they did just copy and paste near all the same buffs only into prettier star shapes instead of lines..

Others, uhm, better combat? I'm pretty sure its the same 'token melee-attack' 'token melee-attack' 'block' system as before, any buffs to it to make it more engaging would have been appreciated...

Edited by Alistat

:(

I'm fairly certain it does...

Oh right! Sorry. IDK how I forgot! For some reason I thought Speedtree was the name of the new engine instead of the old one. Sorry about that!

What's with the title of this thread? It doesn't make sense. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I chose Other in the last section; my biggest discrepancy in Skyrim is the stupid console limitations limiting the capabilities of the PC version...different than the second to last option I feel. Little to no DX11 support/tesselation, less-than 2011 graphics, issues with disc space/content potential, control limitations...

so its fine that we are all now encouraged to become 'stealth armorsmith healers that brew potions' in addition to everything else? since there are now no stats or even major/minor skills like in Oblivion to deture people from leveling them they seem to be the must have skills in every build (most notably stealth and restoration >< wich give extremely nice bonuses to combat, ones only to be skipped over on any charector for the sake of rollplaying)

It seems in need of modding.

Actually, this is where the Perk system comes in. The perks encourage you to go down specific paths to get better at combat/smithing/magic/whatever. There are more perks than there are levels, thus you will be less good at some things than others. In Oblivion, you could still level your minor skills, it just took longer.

Also, this is a roleplaying game, so yes, you would hopefully WANT to skip being awesome at axes because you'll want to be good at swords and smithing. Don't forget that there is a time factor in the game, so for many people it matters if they pick their essential perks at level 10 or 30. Tbh, I can't ever remember making a non-Jack of All Trades in Oblivion because everything from levelling to the classes were broken and obviously designed around the basic melee warrior. Thus, I started as a warrior, even though I wanted to become a mage, because the magic was buggered up and unplayable until you got custom spells, at which point you could insta-gib the entire world. Now you can specifically focus on warrior stuff (health/stamina) or magic stuff (magicka) at each level, getting an associated perk.

You can still make the equivalent of a Priest, a SpellBlade, Conan the Barbarian or Harry Potter, you just have to compose the class yourself as you go. I wouldn't really mind classes as such, it's just not particularly needed. I mean, when was the last time being a particular class got you anything in Oblivion? You had access to absolutely everything in the game no matter what, so the class was more of a casual title than anything else. IMO, if you want classes, it should matter a lot in-game whether you were said class or not. If you're a warrior, there's no mage school for you, nor a thieves guild. Switch around as needed with the other general classes.

Just my 2 cents, though.