• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try again sweetie, you link leads to dead space

Damn forums.

Old hand 665 posts :huh:

I've been around a while, just never posted much on the Nexus because Bethesda used to have decent forums. :tongue: Edited by Reneer

Well said.

Reneer I've seen you to be nothing but helpful and courteous.

I took that one a little snide, my bad, I apologize.

No worries. I was simply minutely frustrated about the Nexus forums doing something odd with the URL I put in. Bethesda's old forums don't properly standardize their URLs (omitting the scheme), so the Nexus forums stuck their own base URL into the non-standard Bethesda URL I put in. If I had been paying attention I would have fixed it myself, but I missed it.

Edited by Reneer

this is about not tampering with assets at all, this is about Digitizing proof VIA signatures in what ever you provide as proof "you made this", and in a way, steams software and Bethesda's software's will not have kittens over.

It is a key to an understanding we will not put up with theft any more..so Thieves beware. Today is different, it is that hindsight from long ago now caught up with us all only NOW, it's in the corporate world arena and nothing was done to stop it.

this will provide instant access to any such complaint and rectified in a timely manner..by any one. No need for water marks unless that's your desire but will the software or engine allow this?

Thing I've read from all 3 companies tell me they are in fact doing something about this now. Steam, Bethesda, Zenimax.

We have made a big dent in the issue of mod theft. Protect your work but don't ruin it.

this will provide instant access to any such complaint and rectified in a timely manner..by any one. No need for water marks unless that's your desire but will the software or engine allow this?

Watermarks can easily be applied to assets (textures, meshes) in a non-destructive manner, such that no one would ever know those watermarks were present without checking with a special program.

not worried about the human factor, I'm worried about the software factor. Steam will delete unauthentic data. many users are not as proficient as good authentication software's. we need something simple and non invasive that can not be removed.

Watermarks can easily be applied to assets (textures, meshes) in a non-destructive manner, such that no one would ever know those watermarks were present without checking with a special program.

Duh, I never thought of putting watermarks in textures in between the UV unwrap! Most of the vanilla textures have quite a bit of dead space in the unwraps too.

Edited by MasterMagnus

not worried about the human factor, I'm worried about the software factor. Steam will delete unauthentic data. many users are not as proficient as good authentication software's. we need something simple and non invasive that can not be removed.

The process as described in my old forum post is exceptionally simple.

That being said, watermarks can be removed. PEX scripts can be decompiled / rewritten. The point of my old process and the process by Jeoshua is to make it harder for thieves to claim a mod as their own - there is no foolproof method, however. If a thief is smart enough they will circumvent any protections or watermarking system.

Edited by Reneer