Having CTD Issues with ENB series

ShadowGryphon

The mod that first got me into modding Skyrim was the ENB .305 Tetrachromatic mod ( I saw a video for it on MxR Mods on youtube. However I've had issues with it causing the game to not so much "crash" to desktop as I've never gotten an error message, but the game just closes itself down as if I'd told it to do so.

So I figured maybe I should try an older and more reliable version of the ENB series, so I tried Project ENB (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20781/?) since it's older and has more kinks worked out, and only requires .221 to run but nope, same issue. After a while the game might CTD on me.

Now I think it's worth pointing out that this has not happened every single time using ENB but it happens frequently enough to be annoying to the point where I'm wondering is it worth the hassle, right?

So my question is two-fold: Does anybody either A - Have any idea how to address the issue of the CTD with ENB series mods or B - have a recommendation for a suitable alternative mod or mods that does the same job, not necessarily the latest and greatest but indeed reliable?

It might be a memory problem. I think .305 is the file for Enboost. Maybe your memory isn't set up correctly. Check your ini's perhaps to see if your memory is set up correctly. And use boris his tool for memory allocation if you didn't use it yet

It might be a memory problem. I think .305 is the file for Enboost. Maybe your memory isn't set up correctly. Check your ini's perhaps to see if your memory is set up correctly. And use boris his tool for memory allocation if you didn't use it yet

Could you please be so kind as to provide a link to this tool you're speaking of? And please bear in mind that I followed the directions provided with tetrachromatic's page for installation precisely, but I'm not the technical-minded sort when it comes to these things which is why I love NMM, just click a button to install and all that, lol. How can I tell how much memory I'm using and how much should be allocated?

Edited by ShadowGryphon