Skyrim has gone gold

Ankleon

What amazes me is the low standards that American women have, given that both of those guys are wearing wedding rings. Maybe I'm living in the wrong part of the world :-P

I don't exactly understand why you're so mad at these journalists...care to expound?

Edited by natelovesyou

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The first 'live' Skyrim nerdgasm recorded here, on these very forums.

let us all hope he managed to clean up afterwards.

What amazes me is the low standards that American women have, given that both of those guys are wearing wedding rings. Maybe I'm living in the wrong part of the world :-P

Las Vegas works wonders

So does a broken prophylactic from what I have heard.

Edited by shadow_scale9180

Reviewing games sucks.

Thankfully they've given the press two weeks with Skyrim. Usually we get games a week before release IF that. A lot of times a game will show up on a Friday afternoon and the embargo will lift that coming Tuesday. Goodbye weekend. Don't envy them. Not only do they have to blast through and analyze Skyrim in two weeks, their reviews will be held up to criticism the world over.

Just some food for thought. ^__^

Reviewing games sucks.

Thankfully they've given the press two weeks with Skyrim. Usually we get games a week before release IF that. A lot of times a game will show up on a Friday afternoon and the embargo will lift that coming Tuesday. Goodbye weekend. Don't envy them. Not only do they have to blast through and analyze Skyrim in two weeks, their reviews will be held up to criticism the world over.

Get me a copy now and I'll dazzle the world over with my review on Tuesday, sharp.

Just sayin' ;)

SO, I am thinking the 'cloth' map doesn't exist. IGN's review copy was simple glossy poster material, and the other reviews seem to have one that is a higher quality, slightly aged and textured material, but still paper.

Examples:

http://img.elderscrolls.net/news/DSC_0651.jpg

My linkhttp://img.elderscrolls.net/news/DSC_0649.jpg

If you zoom in you can very clearly see that it is certainly NOT glossy paper like IGN's copy (the standard, non-preorder copy) but it is certainly not cloth either. I think this is the premium map.

SO, I am thinking the 'cloth' map doesn't exist. IGN's review copy was simple glossy poster material, and the other reviews seem to have one that is a higher quality, slightly aged and textured material, but still paper.

Examples:

http://img.elderscrolls.net/news/DSC_0651.jpg

My linkhttp://img.elderscrolls.net/news/DSC_0649.jpg

If you zoom in you can very clearly see that it is certainly NOT glossy paper like IGN's copy (the standard, non-preorder copy) but it is certainly not cloth either. I think this is the premium map.

Everyone gets a paper map, inside the game's case. Preorders on top of that get a clothlike map. Keep in mind that when you see journalists with their games, it's not a preorder, they are not getting what the preorder comes with. No video has seen or shown the map that was promised. No worries.

Reviewing games sucks.

It's a tough business in some ways, but there's no doubt it's fun too. I've seen both sides, and being involved in making games sometimes isn't fun for many of the same reasons. No doubt there will be a few heavily critical reviews of Skyrim and the reviewers will have to deal with all of the mad fanboys, meanwhile the developers will have to deal with bad reviews. But, I don't think any of us would be involved if part of us didn't still love it, I know I still do. :thumbsup: