Who else is ambivalent towards the whole marriage thing?

xaliqen

I swear to god bethesda isn't so dumb as to think LGBT will buy skyrim because of gay marriage...

There's easier ways of saying you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to marketing, or companies, or how products are sold, but that's a pretty effective method.

Yea .. and the sword things are a gimmick too

Strike two against the chance of you might accidentally know something about marketing.

just because you dont like it doesn't mean its a gimmick

..and strike three, you're out. Oh, also, just because I call it a gimmick doesn't mean I don't like it. Calling the sky blue doesn't mean I like red better. Nice straw man argument.

The game would not play significantly different if the feature to be married or to have a same-sex relationship was not in there. By it's mere inclusion, it is not a gimmick. Because they were so proud of it and decided they had to tell people about it, that made it a gimmick. The advertisement turned a new and kinda cool feature into a gimmick. How many things that actually change gameplay in a significant manner haven't been talked about or advertised? I'm going to bet that a ton of them haven't even been mentioned. Why? Because they don't help sell the game because there's nothing special about them. They're just in there.

thats the dumbest thing Ive read all day :laugh:

Very classy. :rolleyes:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear to god bethesda isn't so dumb as to think LGBT will buy skyrim because of gay marriage...

There's easier ways of saying you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to marketing, or companies, or how products are sold, but that's a pretty effective method.

Strike two against the chance of you might accidentally know something about marketing.

..and strike three, you're out. Oh, also, just because I call it a gimmick doesn't mean I don't like it. Calling the sky blue doesn't mean I like red better. Nice straw man argument.

The game would not play significantly different if the feature to be married or to have a same-sex relationship was not in there. By it's mere inclusion, it is not a gimmick. Because they were so proud of it and decided they had to tell people about it, that made it a gimmick. The advertisement turned a new and kinda cool feature into a gimmick. How many things that actually change gameplay in a significant manner haven't been talked about or advertised? I'm going to bet that a ton of them haven't even been mentioned. Why? Because they don't help sell the game because there's nothing special about them. They're just in there.

Confused as to whether I'm going to post on a baseball match or a forum but here goes, in your terms:

strike 1- I'm confident in saying that 99% of people will not be buying Skyrim because of gay marriage. The whole point of TES is to provide choices, they provided a choice to marry and then included gay marriages to improve the choice.

More than likely they had only included this to make Peter Molyneux look like a mug...

Strike 2- Sort of dodged the point there, you said marriage to a gimmick, comparing swords is both humor but also true. If TES had no swords up till skill Skyrim would that also be a gimmick?

Strike 3- Not really sure where that fits in to a well constructed agruement so far..........

Whether you are in marketing or not, I'd say politics for you myself, it is just and opinion. An opinion shared by many IS marketing!

I mean no offence but there is another side to what you say.

Whatever .. your tried and failed my friend .. first off they didn't advertise the feature .. they didn't go out and talk about it .. someone asked and they answered .. how is that promoting it? .. Ive seen a lot of gimmicks in videogames but this is not one!.. do I have proof?.. of course not .. do you? .. of course not .. and dont come off like your some inside marketing expect for games and you know a gimmick when you see you cause you don't... kinect? .. gimmick.. WiiU controler? Gimmick .. fable co op? .. gimmick .. mass effect 3 co op? gimmick .. halo kinect? gimmick .. gay marriage in Skyrim? .. of course not :facepalm: This is an immersive feature for a ROLE PLAYING GAME .. got that? .. now you know what RPG stands for :D .. you learned something today, hu?

An RPG is not just running around killing .. they dont NEED marriage in the game to be an RPG but including it doesn't make it a gimmick .. it makes it a feature you don't like... and the fact that there is gay marriage is NOT an LGBT Gimmick .. thats so stupid and it IS the dumbest thing Ive read all day .. thats a fact! .. I'm not going to buy a game cause it lets me get married to the same gender .. thats stupid and on the edge of offencive you would think so little of the LGBT community .. Like we are children and will go after a game for letting us use motion controls... pfft...

Whatever .. your tried and failed my friend .. first off they didn't advertise the feature .. they didn't go out and talk about it .. someone asked and they answered .. how is that promoting it? .. Ive seen a lot of gimmicks in videogames but this is not one!.. do I have proof?.. of course not .. do you? .. of course not .. and dont come off like your some inside marketing expect for games and you know a gimmick when you see you cause you don't... kinect? .. gimmick.. WiiU controler? Gimmick .. fable co op? .. gimmick .. mass effect 3 co op? gimmick .. halo kinect? gimmick .. gay marriage in Skyrim? .. of course not :facepalm: This is an immersive feature for a ROLE PLAYING GAME .. got that? .. now you know what RPG stands for :D .. you learned something today, hu?

An RPG is not just running around killing .. they dont NEED marriage in the game to be an RPG but including it doesn't make it a gimmick .. it makes it a feature you don't like... and the fact that there is gay marriage is NOT an LGBT Gimmick .. thats so stupid and it IS the dumbest thing Ive read all day .. thats a fact! .. I'm not going to buy a game cause it lets me get married to the same gender .. thats stupid and on the edge of offencive you would think so little of the LGBT community .. Like we are children and will go after a game for letting us use motion controls... pfft...

You got a point there, but a lot of people play videogames just to kill people.

I mean, take oblivion for example, people said that they wished for mankar cameron/uriel septim/etc. etc. to shutup so they could kill them...

You got a point there, but a lot of people play videogames just to kill people.

I mean, take oblivion for example, people said that they wished for mankar cameron/uriel septim/etc. etc. to shutup so they could kill them...

The point is to allow the 'choice' even hack and slash or FPS will not allow you to choose your own targets. It's not the best experience of the game, but it can be done.

This game is an rpg, a roleplaying game. It makes sense that the player would have the option, choice, to marry their companion. Bethesda even said that Oblivion was a little generic and the NPCs were a little random. In Skyrim they wanted to make conversations and interactions with NPCs more involved and unique. More rpg-like.

I dont think bethesda is using marriage (especially gay marriage) as a marketing ploy, or even a gimmick. As a gay gamer myself i personally think that bethesda, along with other companies out there, are starting to realize that there are a lot of us, especially in the rpg market. their starting to learn that the average gamer wont necasarilly be thrilled by the laura crofts, and scantily clad sorceresses of yesteryear

Two male lizardmen getting married...? i dunno what to say to that... :mellow: