best leveled enemies system mod

alerossi82

Hello everybody,

after spending years (licterally) playing Morrowind, I recently started playing Oblivion; what a game, simply fantastic! From my point of view, better than Morrowind for every aspect but one: the leveled enemies system,

Something I really loved about Morrowind was the fact that in the beginning, every time you saw a bandit in the vicinity, you had to sneak past them, or even run back to the nearest city to have guards protecting you; on the other hand, once you character reached level 20 or higher, with proper equipment and spells, you could easily get rid of the majority of all enemies with no effort. I consider this a great feature for any RPG, as it makes the game more realistic and pudh the player to chnage his strategy according to the situation,

Unfortunately, in Oblivion it does not work like this; immediately after leaving the sewers, I slaughtered two bandits with no difficulty with my level 1 character; I become champion of the arena at level 3; in general, there is no match in all fights and I hardly have to reload due to a lost combat.

I would like to install a mod that sort this problem out, making enemies not leveling according to the player, giving me the chance to meet any creature regardless my current level.

Browsing the web, I found 3 mods that promise to sort the problem out:

- Francesco leveled creatures-items

- oscuro oblvion overhaul

- oblivion war cry

Apparently, they look all the same but I'm afraid they are not compatible among them. Moreover, none of them is strictly addressed to sort out only the problem with the leveling system, as they all add to the game new features as additional monsters, weapons, quests etc...something I'm not interested in (at least for the moment). Also, I'm afraid they could affect the performance of my old system, considering I'm already compromising with graphic quality to get a decent FPS level.

Considering all the above, which of these mods do you think is the best to get a more realistic enemy system, similar to Morrowind?

Well,

Im German and WarCry is a German mod, so I prefer it. On the other hand, WarCry is the only mod that adds more content to existing features. Like you know in Oblivion there are daggers, waraxes, battleaxes, maces... with WarCry there are Bastard Sword, Battle Hammers, Great Swords, Great Axes.... of all Materials. And there are more Goblin Variants, Red Hammerfell Goblin, Cold Skyrim Goblin... And Armor like in Morrowind, Stalhrim or Red Mountain Set. And WarCry is really good, it adds not sooo much content like OOO or FOO and I think it's one of the best mods.

Greetings,

Bye

Another mod to consider is DLL - Dynamic Leveled Lists by Leviathan1753. I don't use it myself, but have been following the mod since it's release and I can tell you the author supports the mod and continues to develop it, plus it's compatible with all the major overhauls.

I don't know what you call a challenge but Im getting murdered by a single bandit at level 1.

My level 9 mage spams spells that deal over 50 damage and they have to be used over a half dozen times to take down necromancers still.

Ghoulz,

I'm not speaking about increasing difficulty level, but about increasing realism; a world that progresses exactly at the same speed you do is everything but realistic!

This one is kind of brutal: Brasher's Oblivion Overhaul. It has less leveling than Morrowind has. You encounter both rats and brown bears at level 1 as well as at level 45. When you are level 1, you are very scared and cautious and still die a lot. Edited by David Brasher