Need help with leg to foot attachment please!

Icevisage

I'll have to look into this issue further. Though, I'm pretty confident my game has BBB both nude and clothed and the exact steps I followed are:

Install EVE Variants and chose C/XL

Install Cornoerra's Skeleton

Install BBB for Eve (and this step did not alter the nude or clothed versions of my upper or lower body mesh)

Install NoMaam

Install High Rez Textures for HGEC

You may be having some kind of UAC issue as it's odd that you think it was working at one point and then didn't work the next day. Make sure you don't have Oblivion installed in a Windows UAC protected directory (C:\Program Files\ for example) if you're running Windows Vista or 7. Also, make sure you have BSA Redirection set up properly to ensure that user created textures and animations can take effect in your game.

I tried that order and still no avail... :[ What is BSA nad UAC? Thank you!

This is my "Beginner's Guide" post:

Are you running Windows Vista/7 and is your \Oblivion\ or \Steam\ directory in the default location (C:\Program Files\)? If so, Windows UAC is known to cause all kinds of issues while modding Oblivion and it's highly recommended to go ahead and move steam to somewhere Windows UAC doesn't affect, like C:\Games and reinstall Oblivion. If you're on XP you can skip all of this as Windows UAC isn't implemented.

Then, go ahead and install OBMM and/or Wrye Bash and run BSA Redirection as your form of Archive Invalidation one time. Without using some form of Archive Invalidation Oblivion has problems with using user created textures and animations instead of the vanilla content. BSA Redirection is the best solution to Archive Invalidation as it's practically fool proof and never needs to be updated after you've done it once.

The next step for a Steam installation is to use File Date Changer to roll back the "Last Modified" dates of all of the .bsa archives that come in your Vanilla Oblivion install (plus the DLC of course) to somewhere around 2005. This is necessary for BSA Redirection to work properly.

From here, be sure to make at least one character save in Oblivion so that you have a known working standard. I personally recommend playing through the tutorial dungeon (the sewers) up until right before the exit that allows you to change your character's aspects and keeping that save around permanently. This gives you a good testing base for adding mods in the future and you never have to play through the sewers again.

Now you're ready to start modding. I'd say take it easy and try something simple like a sword or a simple texture replacer and then go ensure that it's actually taking effect in your game. Moving on you can add other mods, though I recommend installing them one or two at a time and trying them out for a little bit before adding more. This way when an issue does occur (and it's bound to happen) you'll have a pretty good idea of where to start troubleshooting.

Here's a list of mods I'd recommend for any Oblivion install whether you're after grossly modded content or not:

The Unofficial Oblivion Patch and the Unofficial Patch Supplementals (Be sure to get the Shivering Isles patch for SI and the Unofficial Official Mods Patch for any other DLC you may be running)

Darn UI or Dark Darn UI

Natural Environments or All Natural

MiniMap

Windows UAC is a "security feature" added to Windows starting with Vista that basically prevents programs from altering other programs. A BSA is a "Bethesda Softworks Archive". It's the file format they use to store the data (meshes, textures, animations, sounds, etc.) of their games in.

This is my "Beginner's Guide" post:

Windows UAC is a "security feature" added to Windows starting with Vista that basically prevents programs from altering other programs. A BSA is a "Bethesda Softworks Archive". It's the file format they use to store the data (meshes, textures, animations, sounds, etc.) of their games in.

The computer this has been tested on runs XP. The one I plan to play it on has windows 7. Were you able to double check all those mods to see if it is working for you or even try to uninstall and reinstall them? Thank you.

Edited by Icevisage

UAC (User Account Control) will not affect the Windows XP you are using for testing, but will most certainly cause you difficulties with the Windows 7 machine you plan on using. To avoid all issues with UAC make sure you DO NOT install the game in the default location that the install program suggests. When it asks where to install the program change the install folder to C:\Games\Oblivion and you will be fine.

To get the game to use resources that aren't the ones included in the vanilla game (meshes and textures, as well as sounds most commonly) you need to use a trick called 'archive invalidation'. These easiest way to get that working is by selection the 'BSA Redirection' option from the 'Utilities' menu on Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM).

Edited by Striker879

UAC (User Account Control) will not affect the Windows XP you are using for testing, but will most certainly cause you difficulties with the Windows 7 machine you plan on using. To avoid all issues with UAC make sure you DO NOT install the game in the default location that the install program suggests. When it asks where to install the program change the install folder to C:\Games\Oblivion and you will be fine.

To get the game to use resources that aren't the ones included in the vanilla game (meshes and textures, as well as sounds most commonly) you need to use a trick called 'archive invalidation'. These easiest way to get that working is by selection the 'BSA Redirection' option from the 'Utilities' menu on Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM).

Ok thank you I will look into that when the time comes. I still however, cannot get it to work on the XP. I followed the steps listed and still not working. As soon as I install BBB EVE, all the stock becomes E Cup (Nude is still C Cup) even after I put in C Cup and there is no BBB effect nude.

I can't currently run Oblivion as my graphics card is fried, though I'm expecting a new one to be here tomorrow. However, I did dig through BBB for EVE and it overwrites the "shirt.nif" (upper body mesh) of all clothes and four light armors to the E cup version with breast bones. It does not contain a nude "upperbody.nif" to give the nude form breast bones so that would result in no BBB while being nude. :wallbash: This is frustrating me now, as BBB for EVE is the only BBB mod I've installed and I swear my character's breasts bounce without armor or a shirt on. I did use the underwear option while installing EVE Variants but that shouldn't be relevant as BBB for EVE doesn't contain underwear either.

I can't currently run Oblivion as my graphics card is fried, though I'm expecting a new one to be here tomorrow. However, I did dig through BBB for EVE and it overwrites the "shirt.nif" (upper body mesh) of all clothes and four light armors to the E cup version with breast bones. It does not contain a nude "upperbody.nif" to give the nude form breast bones so that would result in no BBB while being nude. :wallbash: This is frustrating me now, as BBB for EVE is the only BBB mod I've installed and I swear my character's breasts bounce without armor or a shirt on. I did use the underwear option while installing EVE Variants but that shouldn't be relevant as BBB for EVE doesn't contain underwear either.

That is ok I can wait. I am not planning to start playing just yet as I am involved in other games at the moment but I am trying to set it up so when I am ready to play, everything is go and I can enjoy the game and not worry about things. Granted it some bug could come up but I can try to deal with it when it happens. But I am pretty sure the clothes in C Cup form were bouncing also though the nude mesh never bounced. But again, perhaps I was mistaken but if you claim the same thing then it is more then likely it should work and something is being overlooked.

If it indeed only ever works with E Cup clothing, I think I can be content with no BBB with C Cup clothing since the C cups wouldn't really bounce that much if at all given the size and restriction compared to an E cup. However, when nude they will still have a fair amount of bounce which leads me to finding someone who can at least fix the leg/foot issue so that the mesh works both with clothed and nude but only with BBB as nude. There is issue I found though. The torse/neck has a gap as well with the BBB nude mesh so I would need the BBB torso adjusted as well to close that gap. Other then that, I don't see any other issues.

Let me know when you are able to find something out please. Perhaps you had another mod or something installed. Thanks!

I can't currently run Oblivion as my graphics card is fried, though I'm expecting a new one to be here tomorrow.

Were you able to find out/test anything? It has been a few days so I figure I would check in. If anyone else reading wouldn't mind seeing if they can get this mod to work with the list made I would greatly appreciate it.

I did try out the invalidation stuff with the OMM and stuff on both types of operating systems but the results stay the same and are the same on both OS's :/ Thanks!

Got my card, installed it, went to play Oblivion... and my DVD drives both failed to read the flawless DVD. :psyduck: Neither of them can read any DVDs or burnt discs, just CDs so it seems like the laser has gone bad on them. I've been monitoring my PSU off and on for months now as I had my motherboard go out not too long ago and everything is in order. All the voltages check out fine, and I'm not coming any where near the capacity of the PSU on full load of the CPU and GPU.

Anyways back to your body replacer... Whether mine works nude or not, yours doesn't, so you could probably go about installing a compatible BBB for HGEC Body on top of EVE and it should get BBB working while nude. I'd recommend steering clear of the one you were using as you already had issues with it. This one looks promising.

Edited by MShoap13

MShoap13, Have you changed out your ribbon cable or SATA cable on the DVD drives? It is possible that your issue lies there. I would also delete the drive in device manager and let windows find it again in case something got corrupt in the OS.