IGN unwraps Skyrim

erikface

So the normal pre-order version of Skyrim comes with a glossy paper map... the pre-order CE possibly comes with the nicer clothlike map. Why would Bethesda and Pete Hines lie about everyone getting a cloth map? WTF. Pete should get his crap together and learn to confirm and clarify details before announcing them. Unless this video is not a representation of what customers on 11/11 get. That's my hope.

So the normal pre-order version of Skyrim comes with a glossy paper map... the pre-order CE possibly comes with the nicer clothlike map. Why would Bethesda and Pete Hines lie about everyone getting a cloth map? WTF. Pete should get his crap together and learn to confirm and clarify details before announcing them. Unless this video is not a representation of what customers on 11/11 get. That's my hope.

They said that the map is not cloth, but that it's high quality paper with a burlap like texture on it. And no, every pre-order comes with the high quality map. The normal editions (Bought after release date) come with the glossy, poster-like map.

Here's a quote from the BethBlog:

"With that in mind, today we are announcing that anyone who preorders Skyrim will automatically receive a premium quality world map with their copy as a no-extra-cost-to-you bonus.

To guarantee your copy of your premium quality world map, please pre-order today.

Update: We’ve received plenty of questions about the map. So you know, it’s a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and European territories. There will be a regular paper map included in all copies of the game, but if you want to get the premium map, we recommend pre-ordering the game."

Edited by Iv000

They said that the map is not cloth, but that it's high quality paper with a burlap like texture on it. And no, every pre-order comes with the high quality map. The normal editions (Bought after release date) come with the glossy, poster-like map.

Here's a quote from the BethBlog:

"With that in mind, today we are announcing that anyone who preorders Skyrim will automatically receive a premium quality world map with their copy as a no-extra-cost-to-you bonus.

To guarantee your copy of your premium quality world map, please pre-order today.

Update: We’ve received plenty of questions about the map. So you know, it’s a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and European territories. There will be a regular paper map included in all copies of the game, but if you want to get the premium map, we recommend pre-ordering the game."

My hero! Thanks a lot for clearing that up! So everyone gets a paper map, awesome. That explains the map we saw in the video. I'm still getting the premium one, sweet. :]