Extremely Bad News for PC users who live ahead of PST timezone.

bkmorton

So - there has been some conflicting information about whether the PC version (which uses Steam), will unlock at different timezones. I had assurances from several reliable sources (including Pete Hines) that it does.

I decided to confirm this so I contacted Steam directly. Behold the response:

"Skyrim is a Steamworks title. Among other features, this means that retail copies of the game, once registered, will unlock at the same time as Steam-purchased copies. You will be able to install the game contents from a disc prior to the game's launch, which can reduce bandwidth usage. However, the unlock time will be simultaneous for both versions."

There are no words that adequately describe the rage I am currently feeling, I will not be able to play PC Skyrim until ... Wait for it.... 7 f***ing PM on November 11th. I want to smite f***ing Steam, I used to be a fan but now they have irrevocably lost my allegiance. f*** Steam. f*** them up the ass with an Alduin statue.

Karma is a *censored* - I had gently teased about getting this game earlier than others.... And although I still will (I am now purchasing a disgusting console version alongside the PC version) the fact I can't play gloriously maxed out Skyrim on my PC until 7pm is infuriatingly unfair. Thanks to Bethesda and f***ing Steam, I am now obliged to dust off my shitty piece of s*** console and play inferior Skyrim for 19 hours before my PC version unlocks.

KILL EVERYTHING.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So this means the steam copies unlock at pst?

12:01 AM November 11th, PST, yes.

Which is 1 week, 6 days and 1 hour away if you are curious to work out what time you will be able to play PC Skyrim.

7 fúcking PM for me. On November 11th. It's outrageous. I am very angry.

doesn't that just mean if you download from steam or install off disk, either way they are subject to the same time frame? So regardless of mode of install the game will unlock at 12am on the 11th. I had no problem playing Fallout NV from Aus before it ticked over to the set date of release in the USA

Edit: all I see from that reply is that one mode of install won't benefit over the other, nothing about timezone impact.

Edited by 3WINTERS

doesn't that just mean if you download from steam or install off disk, either way they are subject to the same time frame? So regardless of mode of install the game will unlock at 12am on the 11th. I had no problem playing Fallout NV from Aus before it ticked over to the set date of release in the USA

Edit: all I see from that reply is that one mode of install won't benefit over the other, nothing about timezone impact.

No.. you are missing one important detail... It doesn't unlock at 12am for everyone... For the whole entire world it unlocks at 12am PST time (Which is midnight in Los Angeles).

Which means for me, living in Sydney... it is 7pm on November 11th. I won't be able to play Skyrim until 7pm.

GRRRRR.