Extremely Bad News for PC users who live ahead of PST timezone.

bkmorton

Actually, that was directed at bk for flipping the eff out for the past two pages over this. I was congratulating you, nate, on actually speaking some sense!

He wasn't speaking sense. He made assumptions without understanding the full context (I have provided the full conversation to clarify).

In future, think logically: Would I really be flying off the handle if I didn't have proof I knew what I was talking about? Was it reasonable to assume I had posted an EXCERPT from a conversation, and thus enquiring about the full context is a good idea?

Pffffffft.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine would likely only get delivered sometime on the 11th, then its finishing work, quick drink with friends (every Friday), traffic, feeding the pooch, dinner, tidy up and then I can play. Probably around 7am as well.

Thats why I took off the Monday, and my manager suggested the Tuesday too - he's a Starcraft addict! :thumbsup:

Feel better?

Edited by Mercbird

Nowhere in these statements does it say when the game unlocks. Tell me where in it it says that the game unlocks at a universal time across the entire planet.

Incidentally..... I provided the information that the physical disc version unlocks at the same time as the steam digital version, yes?

If you had bothered to actually examine the unlock countdown timer for Skyrim on Steam, you would have determined that regardless of your location it unlocks at 1:00 AM, PST time (factoring in 1 hour from Daylights saving).

An apology is not necessary.

Edited by bkmorton

Gee, thanks for being so civil. What a pal!

But sweeping assumptions? You left me to it make it, if you wanted to make it clear, then why didn't you post the CONTEXT? Do it right the first time, the saying goes. How would expect one to react if you post meager information in the OP with no context? Anyway, not so important.

Now, on to the lime-green text of context. The important parts were that you essentially asked if the unlock time applies to the just the Steam version or also the physical version, and if one can play the physical version once they get it regardless of said countdown...

First off, Support Tech Robert is a human being, human beings are known to make mistakes and not answer a full question. He doesn't seem to have addressed your comments on the digital Steam version of Skyrim unlocking at 7 PM November 11th for you. Unless I missed something? Quote it if I missed it.

Your answers are mostly the product of the questions you asked. Techs are busy people, and he's not going to give you more info than you requested. You didn't ask if the game unlocks at midnight for each timezone, you didn't ask for clarity on if the game does, indeed, unlock at a universal global time of midnight PST...you asked if the unlock time is the same for the physical and Steam copies. That's it. With a side note about when you see it occurs for you, not a question. Though...a great tech would have confirmed or denied that and made it clear.

Gee, thanks for being so civil. What a pal!

But sweeping assumptions? You left me to it make it, if you wanted to make it clear, then why didn't you post the CONTEXT? Do it right the first time, the saying goes. How would expect one to react if you post meager information in the OP with no context? Anyway, not so important.

Now, on to the lime-green text of context. The important parts were that you essentially asked if the unlock time applies to the just the Steam version or also the physical version, and if one can play the physical version once they get it regardless of said countdown...

First off, Support Tech Robert is a human being, human beings are known to make mistakes and not answer a full question. He doesn't seem to have addressed your comments on the digital Steam version of Skyrim unlocking at 7 PM November 11th for you. Unless I missed something? Quote it if I missed it.

Your answers are mostly the product of the questions you asked. Techs are busy people, and he's not going to give you more info than you requested. You didn't ask if the game unlocks at midnight for each timezone, you didn't ask for clarity on if the game does, indeed, unlock at a universal global time of midnight PST...you asked if the unlock time is the same for the physical and Steam copies. That's it. With a side note about when you see it occurs for you, not a question. Though...a great tech would have confirmed or denied that and made it clear.

You don't seem to understand how Steam works, nor the conversation I had with support. I already KNEW what the Steam digital unlock time was before I approached Steam support, I already KNEW it is 1am PST for me, for you, for EVERYONE... I didn't have to ask whether the digital version unlocks at different time zones, because it DOESN'T. Go check the countdown timer. 1 week, 5 days and 23 hours yes? That is 1:00AM PST time (Steam doesn't factor in daylights saving).

So that is why all I had to ask support is whether I can unlock a disc version BEFORE the digital version, because I already knew when the digital version unlocks (for me, 7pm). It's really not difficult to grasp, I have no idea why I have to explain these obvious things to you.

It's very simple. Go check the countdown timer for Skyrim on Steam. Add that amount of time to whatever date and time you are currently experiencing. That is the EARLIEST you will be able to play PC Skyrim, whether it is a disc or digital version.

Dude stop whining. dont you have a job? most people work on fridays? i mean come on its just a few hours, im sure u can find other things to do.

I have taken a week off work (Starting on the Friday), told my partner, friends and family not to bother contacting me for several days... And have set up my study to be a luxurious Skyrim gaming experience. LOL

So no, there is absolutely nothing I have better to be doing on Friday, my schedule was wiped. :P

Edited by bkmorton

Dude stop whining. dont you have a job? most people work on fridays? i mean come on its just a few hours, im sure u can find other things to do.

I have taken a week off work (Starting on the Friday), told my parner, friends and family not to bother contacting me for several days... And have set up my study to be a luxurious Skyrim gaming experience. LOL

So no, there is absolutely nothing I have better to be doing on Friday, my schedule was wiped. :P

Well then i guess you're screwed. Play Oblivion, or take some Acid and dress up in armor and live out your own little elder scrolls game, the effects should wear of by 7, then you can play skyrim. ( I will not be held accountable for people injured, killed, and/or completly terrified by the results of ur elderscrolls acid trip.)

Edited by Mitch2129

Well then i guess you're screwed. Play Oblivion, or take some Acid and dress up in armor and live out your own little elder scrolls game, the effects should wear of by 7, then you can play skyrim. (Disclaimer: I will not be held accountable for people injured, killed, and/or completly terrified by the results of ur elderscrolls acid trip.)

Now that is the best sounding idea on this wall yet dude. :P