Finishing Moves?

shroudsoftruin

95 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on Finishing moves

• Definitely cool, super exited about em'
    • They'll be awesome at first, but i have a feeling it will become pretty annoying
    • Meh
    • Words cannot describe my utter hate/disdain towards this new feature

Bethesada has talked a lot about finishing moves, and how they work in the new combat system, but i have more than a few reservations about it. Firstly, doesn't it seem like these final kill scenes are more oriented towards stealth and melee fighters? what about us mages and archers out there? do we get finishing moves too? will they be as cinematic as those for the warrior/assassin? is there anyone out their who can see a way for ranged kill scenes could work, especially with magic? does anyone worry that they will break immersion in the game? Edited by shroudsoftruin

To me it is a plus, you know something new to the series, just like dual wielding. Yet it would seem a problem only if you have to do a button cue to do it. I hate seeing "press this button to do the awesome thing." If it is a natural, which is what it seems, I have no problem at all, as long as it is not every single time.

I believe it's been confirmed you can't disable the finishing moves. I turned off the VATS finishing moves in FONV, and I imagine I'd do the same here. 3rd person and/or scripted animations tend to bring me out of the experience a bit. Edited by xaliqen

I like them I just hope that if your in first person the finishing moves stay in first person, I have seen some FM stay in FP but then others pull out to 3P, so I'm hoping there is an option perhaps to keep it in the perspective you are in, but I'm assuming it all depends on which finisher you do. If I can just use the First person ones while i'm in first person and the third person ones, in third person then I will be happy. If not I will either get used to it or switch them off.

I think it's a nice addition, though I won't be surprised if there is a mod that can disable or circumvent them at some point. What might be better to ask is if you are invincible while performing them, since I imagine it would get tiresome to die to some Lich because you're busy performing a finishing move on a minion of his.

I think it's a nice addition, though I won't be surprised if there is a mod that can disable or circumvent them at some point. What might be better to ask is if you are invincible while performing them, since I imagine it would get tiresome to die to some Lich because you're busy performing a finishing move on a minion of his.

My guess is it will be similar to VATS in Fallout 3 where you don't have full invincibility, but, for most intents and purposes, are still pretty invincible during the animation.