More Automatron Voices (Template/Modder's resource/Toutorial)

Ekayne

• 8 months later...

Sorry it took me a while to post this but I had to get confirmation on how to do it first.

So you create your custom voice type with all of the lines you recorded for the voice but instead of linking it to one specific character like the above video will tell you, this is what you do.

1. Go into the Geck and load both Fallout4.esm and DLCRobot.esm.

2. Find the Recipes list under Items>Constructible Object.

3. Scroll down, it'll be close to the bottom, until you find the voice recipes, i.e. co_DLC01Bot_Voice_Assaultron, and duplicate one of them, it really doesn't matter which as long as you don't overwrite the original.

4. Double Click the duplicate to get to it's properties window and immediately name it something else relevant to what you're going for.

5. Next, find where it says "Created Object" with a drop down menu right next to it on the top right. You'll want to open up that drop down menu and find your custom voice type and select it.

6. Click "Ok". You will be asked if you want to create a new form since you have changed some of the options. This is important. If you *DID NOT* create the duplicate at first then say *YES*. If you did create the duplicate then you should say no, otherwise you'll have a duplicate voice showing up in your Robot Workbench Voice Category.

Viola, you've just added a custom robot voice.

I don't think that's the case. Because that still uses the same magic effect as before, and tells the quest script that makes the dialouge to use whatever the original voice type is. with that setup, where do you go to imput new voice files?

If you watch the video that I posted on the first page that will explain to you how to add custom voices, complete with recorded lines, to the game.

After discussing this with him in private, this method seems to be different than the way it actually works. additional help is required.

So what's the additional help? I've been looking all over and can't get an answer on what the hell to do and it's really frustrating.

I don't know. that's part of the problem.

However this is done it's managed through some magic effect that is a modification to the robot. and I never figured out how the quest which manages the dialogue chose what voice type to use or really anything (Because I'm a super noob modder) All I was able to recognize was that the toutorial that I was given may not be applicable because of the quest that changes voices.

Basically I don't know how it works, and never did, because it's weird and new and there's no documentation on it.

one mod I've seen that worked was a replacer, which may have been the substitution of voice lines, without ever using the editor.

Edited by Ekayne