Help with installing mods?

thorny264

• 3 weeks later...
You may try posting a question in the mod comments for Oblivion XP giving as many details as possible on what you've done and what your problem is, or start another thread here with a title that describes the problem as related to Oblivion XP rather than continuing to seek help in this thread that is asking for help with installing mods. I don't use Oblivion XP myself so I can't offer much help beyond that, but I do notice in the mod description that it requires Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE). Here's a direct download link to the latest stable version. You will need to have the correct version of OBSE for your version of the game (GotY or Steam fully patched to version 1.2.0416) installed before Oblivion XP will work.

Make sure you get the latest OBSE and MenuQue

Make sure you get the updated version of oblivion XP - Oblivion XP Updated

All in that order.

When you download oblivion XP open the file folder- 01 vanilla or BTmod. Then extract the menu folder to C:\program files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data

Then open the file folder 00 core and extract files- textures, sound, menus, the ini, and the esp to the same place. Open up the INI folder and also extract the ini to the same place since im unsure if its supposed to be directly in the data directory or the INI folder.

Check off the esp in obmm when you go to run the game. Make sure it launches through OBSE