The first 30 hours of Skyrim

StormTemplar

If Steam takes as long as it did to download Skyrim as it did when I downloaded TW2, the first 30 hours after I get the game in my hands is to download the game files from Steam.

After that, I'll probably spend a great amount of time playing with the character creator--at least a couple of hours--playing with this race and that.

Are we forced to link it with Steam, even if we actually got the CD?

My understanding is that like Fallout New Vegas, we will have to go through Steam to get the game files (please, somebody, correct me if I'm wrong!). When I got FONV, it took about 15 hours to get the download from Steam, and I have cable internet. With TW2, I didn't have a disk, so to be fair, maybe that was why it took so long.

IIRC Steam and other Digital systems will allow preload (I preloaded DA2 from EA for example) if you've ordered digitally anyway, you just won't be able to play until unlock time. I'm getting both Steam and disk version anyway.

As for character generation, I will spend a lot of time at it (with those female presets I'm going to need to do a lot of work to avoid throwing up when I look at my toon). But I have absolutely zippo interest in beards, scars or tattoos as my girls are just not like that.

I've easily spent an hour or two getting the girls to look right in Oblivion and I can't wait to obsess about it again in Skyrim.

This time I'm going to try an Orc Girl! I never made an Orc character in Oblivion cuz they looked ugly in a ridiculous way. Now they look so much more interesting, so I'm gonna go Orc with my first character cuz I want my first playthrough to feel different from the character types I've already done in Oblivion. I'm excited to see how exotic I can get her to look. I want to try to find a look that is exotic and scary, yet also sexy. I'll be trying to make her facial structure very feminine and not super Orcish, but then do some strange, creepy stuff with her eyes and possibly some scary face-paint. Just exploring what the new Character creator can do will gobble up tons of time I'm sure. I'll also want to dabble with some of the other races too.

Edited by CalibanX

I'm just going to try to make a kickarse-looking Argonian. I'll probably spend 45 minutes on him and probably another 15 at the end of the tutorial. Then I'll probably end up starting over because I'll realise I want something else. Happens all the time lol