Cait's face is wrong, and there's no mod to blame

redeyekado666

So I started a new character in order to play the BOS side of things, and got Cait as a follower. Everything's fine and dandy, until right around the time I save Danse and the crew from the ferals. I accept Danse's quest and begin to proceed on, but I noticed all of a sudden that Cait's face is just...wrong. I don't have any mods altering her appearance, yet I know I'm not looking at the standard Irish badass junkie we all know and love. It's like her face has been replaced by some generic preset the game made up on the fly.
So I'm interested in possible causes and all, but I'm far more interested in ways to restore her original appearance. Even when loading into old saves her appearance is still off, leading me to believe her resources are corrupted or altered somehow.

I'm a little at a loss. Thoughts?

Edited by redeyekado666

Well, this forum was suuuuuper helpful. Had to use a face-change mod that I'm not at all satisfied with.
For anyone else with this problem, there's a console command that can help. Select the character you want to modify and type slm (id). It'll bring up the face change menu. Make sure you do this while close enough to edit their face, as you'll be locked into whatever camera angle you were in when you typed the command. From here, you can pain-stakingly reshape the face, or otherwise use a preset to restore the face.

Given the track record here, I don't expect a response, but anyone know where I can get a Cait preset?

• 2 weeks later...

So I started a new character in order to play the BOS side of things, and got Cait as a follower. Everything's fine and dandy, until right around the time I save Danse and the crew from the ferals. I accept Danse's quest and begin to proceed on, but I noticed all of a sudden that Cait's face is just...wrong. I don't have any mods altering her appearance, yet I know I'm not looking at the standard Irish badass junkie we all know and love. It's like her face has been replaced by some generic preset the game made up on the fly.

So I'm interested in possible causes and all, but I'm far more interested in ways to restore her original appearance. Even when loading into old saves her appearance is still off, leading me to believe her resources are corrupted or altered somehow.

I'm a little at a loss. Thoughts?

Running into a similar issue with Piper, I'm thinking about starting a new game and using face ripper on Piper. Then export it out and import it back in. Hopefully it won't require an esp.

I don't want to sound rude but people don't have the obligation to help you. And maybe people just don't know how to. I have a couple of threads with 0 replies. It sucks, but that's how it is.

I have no idea how to fix it without an esp. Maybe with the creation kit?

Anyway, cait's vanilla face is so dull. I prefer this one instead: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15560/?