Level scaling for dummies

Zxain

• 3 weeks later...

Might also want to check out this article. Be sure to check the section on The Leveling Problem. It's worth noting as well that when Oblivion appeared, nearly a dozen different mods showed up during the first 6 months to deal with fixing leveling/scaling. It was perceived as a major issue in the game, and still is.

I actually liked the leveling. I like being at level 3 for most of the game and also I prefer the bandits to wear furs (when you are down at level 2) instead of glass armor.

Might also want to check out this article. Be sure to check the section on The Leveling Problem. It's worth noting as well that when Oblivion appeared, nearly a dozen different mods showed up during the first 6 months to deal with fixing leveling/scaling. It was perceived as a major issue in the game, and still is.

I actually liked the leveling. I like being at level 3 for most of the game and also I prefer the bandits to wear furs (when you are down at level 2) instead of glass armor.

So do I, because I simply don't level: my character doesn't sleep. It's currently at level 5, and has been forever.

But I think we're in the minority. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i dont mind the scaled leveling at least i dont have to grind any more just to tackle a important plot point

but i am however sick of fighting endless streams of fur clad bandits and wolves

when does glass armor start to appear ? ( even if the idea of glass armor is a bit silly)

Glass shows up at level 20. Of course, there are mods that change this.

Problematic as Oblivion's leveling system is, at least you can ignore it by refusing to sleep. Skyrim forces you to level. You have no control over the process any longer. We won't have to wait too long after the CS comes out for modders to fix that. ;)

i am now tempted to look for the glass armor mods they might be silly but i am sick of seeing fur leather and chainmail armor after 5 years

my character is currently level 8 and thats the highest i ever got a character

i tend to not care about leveling up

Just use the advanced search. Set it to armor in category, and type "all armor" in the file field. This will make all armor available in a location the modder chooses. Or you can try the console.

Hit the schwa/accent key. Type:

player.additem XYZ 1

...where XYZ stands for an Object ID that represents a part of the glass armor set. Note you'll have to enter each of these using the formula above, on a separate line:

0003633F

Then hit enter, close the console. Check your character's inventory. They should have a full set of glass armor, including shield and helmet.

actually i already know how to use the console

i tend to use it when i need to go in to a mountain range

generally speaking i loath the mountains in oblivion and just fasforward towards the quest object using movetoqt

but thanks for the object id numbers anyway

and im sure it wil be usefull to others who dont use the console

Edited by bluekatt