Gameplay > Textures this time?

KMA

101 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see?

• Gameplay based mods
    • Texture based mods
    • An even mix of the two

I have noticed a lot of talk about the gameplay/UI (which combines textures and gameplay but I am just going to lump it into gameplay) and not much discussion on the console-rific textures that are present in the HD videos out there. So I am going to post this poll to measure how much interest there is in the two categories, to better direct my modding efforts when the game and toolset are released.

P.S. If anyone wants circles under their characters, just let me know. :devil:

For now I'm going to say both, we won't know how much of the gameplay will need fixing (if any) until next week, we do know that there are console-tastic textures in there so it would be nice to be rid of those.

to me gameplay is more important, so i voted GAMEPLAY.

but as stated - we dont know now what gameplay mods we'd like, but we always know we want better graphics :P

but the graphic mods im looking forward to are not textures. im looking for extra shaders or features. oblivion had the OBGE mod that included some really nice additions. THIS is the graphical mod IM looking forward to.

but since the game looks nice by default im prioritising my wishful thinking to gameplay mods.

stuff like having an over-the-shoulder camera, Shield on back, better combat with timed attacks and blocking, etc.

Omg not another texture related thread. (I voted gameplay, obviously :P)

I'm actually looking for mods that will add immersion and add a nice touch to role-playing. New lore-friendly content also more then welcome! :)

And... any LIMB related damage would be just... EPIC!

Edited by AtomicBomber

Another vote for textures. We know Bethesda limited what they put in this game because they knew it had to run smoothly on the xbox360 and ps3. Is it wrong I want to see what the game would look like if it was made with mainly the PC in mind?

Higher rez textures, more sun effects like "god rays", a little more hdr. Stuff like that.

Not sure if this would be a texture, gameplay, or combo of both, but I'd like to see bloody wound decals added to NPCs for the 3rd person finisher sequences. It looks really fake right now like the guy in the video who gets his throat slit from behind but there's just a little blood splash and no actual wound on his neck.

Well the gameplay-related mods I know I want at this point are

*Killable children

*UI overhaul

*Permanent corpses (or at least corpses that lasts until cell/dungeon respawn)

*Crossbows, spears, thrown weapons, ...

And the graphic-related mods I know I want at this point are

*Taking advantage of DX11 features. Todd said the game would run DX11 and take the "passive benefits" of the improved APIs and whatever, but just wouldn't use DX11 "active" features, like tessellation and SSAO, etc...

*Hi-res texture pack

Obviously more will be on my wishlist as I play the game. So roughly a mix of both, for now. But once the DX11 stuff and textures are taken care of, I don't really see what more graphic-related stuff one would ask of Skyrim. We don't need to fix ugly characters this time around. And we probably don't need things like Unique Landscapes or Better Cities. Or at least the need for them is not as high as it was in Oblivion.

I'm Hoping for Crysis llike Dof lighting and other special effects like they tried with Oblivion and the graphic extender. I could never get it to work :wallbash:

To mods I'm hoping will exist that should be made right away.

Open citys and crowds.

Edited by Thor.