Draw back to dual wielding

henderse

The drawback is mostly in weapon swapping. Two 1 hand weapons would probably still be weaker than a 2 hand weapon of the same tier.

This has actually been a concern of mine for a while. Do we know anything about damage/attack speed of two handers verses dual wielding one handers? I assumed that the two one handers would do less damage, but allow you to attack more often. This would theoretically make a high crit% focused build very viable for dual wielding. I guess we will just have to see how viable it is. :thumbsup:

Don't know about mechanics, but I hope to god that they put in decent summoned and bound spell mechanics this time. The idea of a magic based character pulling up summoned weapons to fight with between spells just sounds killer.

This.

I think it would be cool for a mod to enable you to enchant a weapon with a spell, enabling you to cast that spell (And only that spell) when you have the weapon equipped. I know enchanting is in the game, but we have little knowledge of what it will do. I think this would be more balanced that having 4 weapons between 2 hands.

I really hope some scriptwriters can figure that out :P

Don't know about mechanics, but I hope to god that they put in decent summoned and bound spell mechanics this time. The idea of a magic based character pulling up summoned weapons to fight with between spells just sounds killer.

This.

I think it would be cool for a mod to enable you to enchant a weapon with a spell, enabling you to cast that spell (And only that spell) when you have the weapon equipped. I know enchanting is in the game, but we have little knowledge of what it will do. I think this would be more balanced that having 4 weapons between 2 hands.

Well there is no guarantee that it will exist in vanilla skyrim, but Oblivion already has a mod that does just that. (conduit magic) So I'd imagine that the exact same thing could be done in Skyrim with no problems.

edit: actually I think you might have been talking about something else...but if all you meant is to gain a new spell that you can cast while something is equiped, then that is really easy to do.

Edited by stars2heaven

This.

Well there is no guarantee that it will exist in vanilla skyrim, but Oblivion already has a mod that does just that. (conduit magic) So I'd imagine that the exact same thing could be done in Skyrim with no problems.

edit: actually I think you might have been talking about something else...but if all you meant is to gain a new spell that you can cast while something is equiped, then that is really easy to do.

Well, it's not quite as simple as that. There would be a lot of requirements for obtaining the enchantment in the first place, and a lot of lore/storyline I would personally put into it.

But yeah, I would imagine it would be fairly easy. Weapon equipped -> enable spell on a certain hotkey or perhaps "Shift + Mouse Click Left/Right" It would also be cool to see custom animations for casting. Such as slashing the sword and a line of fire matching the angle of the sword appearing to hit the enemy.