steam and skyrim

NetDigger

Steam unlocks skyrim at different times for north America, Asia , Europe, etc. so people everyone won't be login in at the same time. So even if one system of severs goes down the others would be fine. I've never seen steam go down but s*** happens as long as install before anything happens or doesnt happen I'll be safe.

in 00:00 hour the whole world is gonna need to contact to steam rihgt? guess what could happen?--server crush... :ohdear:

What sometimes happens when a big game is released is that the servers might have a hard time and you could get an error saying somthing like 'servers full' or 'could not connect to server' or something along those lines.

But don't despair!

Try and try again and then all of a sudden you get through :)

(And sometimes it helps to restart Steam, if you already had Steam on before the deadline it sometimes doesn't 'know' the game has been released)

I dont understand the lack of faith/hatred toward Steam that so many people are expressing. Ive been using steam for 9 years, Ive NEVER had any issues with it. I think it is a wonderful, easy service. They shower us with amazing deals and game packages, and offer a lot of flexibility.

I dont understand the lack of faith/hatred toward Steam that so many people are expressing. Ive been using steam for 9 years, Ive NEVER had any issues with it. I think it is a wonderful, easy service. They shower us with amazing deals and game packages, and offer a lot of flexibility.

It would be understandable if they didn't have a dsl internet connection (or one that sucks) but some people call it trojan and apyware that's insane

Many people don't have home internet connection (including myself) and Steam is known to have occassional connection problems. Just google "Steam won't update". Also many resent paying for a game disc only to have a program try to download the game and be treated as criminals. Any software can and will be pirated, DRM only serves to punish those who legitimately purchase the game.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece