PC Keyboard layout

swindy

I'm just wondering if they will be able to make use of the extra programmable keys on keyboards like the G510, Just having 9 weapon/spell/potion slots is rather restrictive.

It's doubtfull because going down that road will just lead to many keys in use all at once for no particular reason and generally just making the control system cluttered.

I would like to have this for example:

Press 1 for potions, use the mouse wheel to scroll through the ones have favourited. Press 2 and that will be swords... and so on.

I'm just wondering if they will be able to make use of the extra programmable keys on keyboards like the G510, Just having 9 weapon/spell/potion slots is rather restrictive.

I doubt it. You'll probably be able to use as many keys as the Xbox controller has buttons.

I doubt it. You'll probably be able to use as many keys as the Xbox controller has buttons.

this logic only holds if skyrim is a console game ported to pc - which it isn't. Todd has stated many times that Bethesda Softworks uses the pc platform for designing their games. So I'm thinking it is certainly a possibility that keyboards like the G510 will be supported - Logitech has been making gaming peripherals for quite some time, and I'll bet at least a handful of the game designers at Bethesda uses a Logitech G series keyboard.

I don't see why you wouldn't beable to program the G510 to use the G buttons. I've got my 510 aswell, going to use those for my hotkeys. Also have a Razor Naga mouse with 12 side buttons mapped to either the regular 1-12 and the plus and minus keys or to the same keys on the keypad. All weapon slots at the ready! Totally excited.