Skyrim Mod Spotlight

DyingAtheist

Skyrim Mod Spotlight  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Skyrim Mod Spotlight would you most like to see?

• Texture / Graphical Changes
    • Levels / Dungeons
    • Different Races
    • NPCs / Mobs / Neutral Critters
    • Weapons / Armour / Spells
    • Random Crap (Crab Armour etc.)

Well, hello!

Basically, my Youtube channel focuses on Let's Plays, and soon, with the advent of Skyrim, it'll focus on Mod Spotlights as well.

I'm looking to get some advice on what types of Mods people would like to see when I get this up and running. Obviously the Let's Play will take precedent during the early days of the games release and while the game's mod community picks up but eventually, I want it to be the go-to-place for Skyrim Mod Spotlights. And where better to ask for advice than the place where the mods come from?

I'm going to be making some mods of my own, having modded Oblivion when I got the chance, but really I'm just here for tips.

Let me know what type of Mods you'd like to see spotlighted! And how you'd like them done if you want to post.

Cheers!

My Youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ForAdventure?feature=mhee

Stick around for Mod Spotlights and a Let's Play on there!

PS : I'm suddenly aware this could have been put in the Mod section. Could someone move this at all if they think that's more relevant? Cheers!

Edited by DyingAtheist

Until we've played the game ourselves we'll not truly know what people want. There's a lot of guessing/plans, but once the final game is out the real annoyances or wishes will emerge of modders and players. Before it'll have a large amount of mods with multiple amounts of choices to pick from a similar range of mods? a few months. Expect lots of houses/player dorms at first, with some quests at tops. Don't expect a large amount of quests either because of the change of questing/scripting I think new people will have more trouble with it because of the complexity (or maybe not, who knows). Depending on the tools and the exporters it could take some long time before newly modeled bodies/armor/weapon mods are out.

But all and all, the first few bits there'll be little but tweaks and house mods out.

Edited by Pronam

Until we've played the game ourselves we'll not truly know what people want. There's a lot of guessing/plans, but once the final game is out the real annoyances or wishes will emerge of modders and players. Before it'll have a large amount of mods with multiple amounts of choices to pick from a similar range of mods? a few months. Expect lots of houses/player dorms at first, with some quests at tops. Don't expect a large amount of quests either because of the change of questing/scripting I think new people will have more trouble with it because of the complexity (or maybe not, who knows). Depending on the tools and the exporters it could take some long time before newly modeled bodies/armor/weapon mods are out.

But all and all, the first few bits there'll be little but tweaks and house mods out.

Pretty much what I'm expecting, I suspect there are people out there who are more excited about modding Skyrim than actually playing the game!

I'm hoping that eventually it'll be like Oblivion, with a thriving mod community. And I'm sure it will be.

Exactly, Skyrim is a game. Why would you want to sex a goat in a video game? Edit: Just realized the post was removed lol.

It breaks my heart that the world will never see his fantastically terrifying posts.

I picked the Weapons/armor/spells, since those are the mods I used most in Oblivion. Among a ton other categories as well, but it's always nice to get a new set of armor you haven't seen elsewhere in the game. :)

Play it through once as vanilla and then go to town with mods, I'd like to see all those listed in the OPs poll.

While that is slightly my intention, the issue I have is that my first play through is likely to range in the 100+ hour mark. I tend to want to do everything, at least, both my Oblivion and Morrowind playthroughs suggest this.

So, the theory is, simply install the mods, showcase them, and then remove them. It'll keep my Skyrim playthrough pure, while still getting to play around with any mods that appear.

To others;

I'd imagine texture packs are going to be one of the first mods that appear, and my laptop is ample capable of handling them so I'll get a spotlight up on one as soon as the first ones appear.

I'm personally looking forward to armour more than anything else, some of the things people made for Oblivion are amazing. On the other hand, getting an entire new dungeon or level is pretty damn awesome too.

Edited by DyingAtheist