Save corrupting

DomTilley

How are we going to know this?

Bethesda: "Yeah, we decided to include the risk of save corruption, we just felt that we should keep doing what we've done in the past..." :rolleyes:

I remember reading that there are 3 autosave files. So instead of 1 file when auto-saving it uses 3 files in sequence. So if one is corrupt then you'll just load one of the precious two.

In Oblivion, I always brought up the console and typed "save QS0." I would replace QS0 with QS1-9. That way I had ten alternating "quick save" slots. I trained myself to save whenever I thought I might be heading into someplace potentially dangerous*. Worked out rather well.

* Dangerous, in this case, was someplace that I either hadn't explored or someplace I knew really tough enemies were. This was especially true after I started using OOO. Some of those marauders could get downright tough.

I remember reading that there are 3 autosave files. So instead of 1 file when auto-saving it uses 3 files in sequence. So if one is corrupt then you'll just load one of the precious two.

That sounds promising, with any luck we won't have to keep manually saving all the time.