Save corrupting

DomTilley

Ever since Oblivion and Fallout 3 I have learned to spam F5 every 3 or 4 seconds.

I don't even have to think about it anymore, if it crashes, I got one saved just before it

:D

nope

what you have

is a quicksave

that's known to be auto-corrupting

Since Skyrim is a Bethesda game, save file corruption is like a feature more than a bug.

Actually, a lot of modern games corrupt saves from time to time, it's just more prominent in Gamebryo games. Since Skyrim runs on a different engine (although based on Gamebryo), there might be more or less corruption. The only way to tell is on the 11th.

have to say i never ever had a fallout 3 save corrupt error, Ive had them on oblivion [in fact got one last night lol], fallout3 for me was ok, my only problem was when i installed win7 64 ,from that day Ive never been able to play fallout without it crashing,

in fact i gave up on it after playing it from day one ,new vegas just was`nt as good it just did`nt have the same feel to it as fallout3,

Also the game autosaves every 5 to 15 minutes (that's a setting you can change). Also very awesome for exploring the wilderness. If you're in a city you go in and out of buildings and the game autosaves. But when in wilderness (unless you rest or use quicksave) the game (Oblivion) doesn't save so if you die you have a savegame half an hour ago waaaaaaay across the map. So this new autosave sounds like it will solve all our problems. :dance:

have to say i never ever had a fallout 3 save corrupt error, Ive had them on oblivion [in fact got one last night lol], fallout3 for me was ok, my only problem was when i installed win7 64 ,from that day Ive never been able to play fallout without it crashing,

in fact i gave up on it after playing it from day one ,new vegas just was`nt as good it just did`nt have the same feel to it as fallout3,

There's an easy sure fire fix for that - All you have to do is install Fallout directly into the main "OS (C:)" directory not in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)". Thankfully I found this out the day I installed Fallout 3, it's ran smooth a glass ever sense. It also seems to work well for most games developed for the good ol XP