Perk Theorycrafting!

DrKvothe

The perk system is the biggest problem I have with the game. I think the perks should have been skill based and not level based, or awarded some other way e.g. reading books, quests or training. Or actually using the skills (as a novel concept)

The perk trees also make you take un needed and sometimes useless looking perks to get the ones you want. Like the smithing tree, I would have to take both light and heavy armor to be able to craft the armor and the weapons I want to use.

I want to build a self sufficient Nord Ninja. He is adept in one handed weapons, light armor and stealth. He is proficient with a bow for ranged defense and kills. He is also adept in making poisons and healing potions. He can craft and enchant his own weapons and armor.

There are 88 perks I would need for this build.

One Handed

Armsman 5

Bladesman 3

Fighting stance

Savage strike

Paralyzing strike

Critical charge

Light Armor

Agile defender 5

Custom fit

Unhindered

Wind walker

Deft movement

Matching set

Sneak

Stealth 5

Muffled movement

Backstab

Light foot

Silent roll

Deadly aim

Silence

Shadow warrior

Alchemy

Alchemist 5

Physician

Poisoner

Concentrated poison

Benefactor

Experimenter 3

Green thumb

Snakeblood

Purity

Pickpocket

Light fingers

Night thief

Poisoned

Extra pockets

Lockpicking

Novice locks

Apprentice locks

Adept locks

Locksmith

Unbreakable

Archery

Overdraw 5

Critical shot 3

Eagle eye

Smithing

Steel smithing

Arcane blacksmith

Elven smithing

Advanced armors

Glass smithing

Dragon armor

Dwarven smithing

Orcish smithing

Ebony smithing

Daderic smithing

Enchanting

Enchanter 5

Soul squeezer

Soul siphon

Fire enchanter

Insightful enchanter

Corpus enchanter

Extra effect

I would have to take both light and heavy armor to be able to craft the armor and the weapons I want to use.

You mean because you have to learn steel and etc to get to dragon? I'm thinking there is a heavy and light version of each.

No, I mean because Daderic weapons are generally better the glass, and ebony better then elven .etc.

I would have to take both light and heavy armor to be able to craft the armor and the weapons I want to use.

You mean because you have to learn steel and etc to get to dragon? I'm thinking there is a heavy and light version of each.

No, I mean because Daderic weapons are generally better the glass, and ebony better then elven .etc.

Weapons don't have a weight class. They are just one handed or two handed...i think?

Back on topic first character

Nord male warrior with the powers of being stronger then the average man!

Going sword and board of course, i like hiding behind a shield and waiting for the right time to sink my blade in

Smithing is a must of course but other then that i'm going to avoid sneaking and magic, i'm there to slam a dragon in the face with a peice of metal like no game before!

One hand and shield and heavy armor will of course be necisary, I think i'll focus mainly on the one hand side of things, with shield then heavy armor.

The sword first because i don't wanna have to hit a mudcrab 64 times like a little schoolgirl.

Shield second because i wanna be able to deflect attacks instead of getting hit

Heavy armor last because the other ones take precidence.

Weapons don't have a weight class. They are just one handed or two handed...i think?

Smithing is a circular tree, so no you don't. Work around light stuff up to dragon, then down to daedric. And why not take them all? Good money in it. :thumbsup: