Which Perks would YOU have put in?

Violentguy

First off I don't want anyone to talk about any perks that are already in the game. That's the only thing i haven't spoiled for myself, and I'm proud of that. This topic is just for perks that you wouldve liked to see in the game, no matter how outrageous. I would LOVE to see the Dragon Rider Perk, for obvious reasons. Edited by Violentguy

I'd like to see more perks that focus on being "Unarmored". Currently the only one that I can see is in the Alteration tree and is called "Mage Armor". I'd like to see more options for people wanting to play Unarmored that are not Mages. That being said, I'm not even sure what kind of unarmored gear will be available to the player, so it may end up being a moot point.

First off I don't want anyone to talk about any perks that are already in the game. That's the only thing i haven't spoiled for myself, and I'm proud of that. This topic is just for perks that you wouldve liked to see in the game, no matter how outrageous. I would LOVE to see the Dragon Rider Perk, for obvious reasons.

I would like to see Racial specific perks in perk trees. Like if you playing an orc seeing, "Do x more damage with axes," or whatever. Just to see more differences between how races play out. Although it could pigeon hole some races into specific roles.

I'll be careful not to mention specific perks so that it wont spoil it for you. :biggrin:

When I first saw the perk the only thing that disappointed me about them was the names. They just describe what the perk does essentially. I wanted to see the FO3 style where each perk like ladies man or black widow had cool flavor to it. Although I guess it makes sense here because there are way more perks.

Edit: Dude... he said specifically in the first post he didn't want to know anything about specific perks lol.

Edited by fisban0

I don't know if Enchanting covers this, but a Perk to make scrolls. Perhaps one Perk per magic skill that lets you make scrolls for that type of magic.

A Perk that lets you make enchanted arrows.

Sheesh, for all I know those things already exist and I am just rehashing ideas that Bethesda already knows about and the fans have seen from leaked material.

I read that the Dragon Shouts have a cool down period. Maybe a Perk tree that deals with expanding the Dragon Shouts (increased duration, increased damage, reduced cool down, wider range, etc).

Intimidate and Likeable stats

Intimate would make human enemies do less damage to you and install a 5/10/15/20% chance of causeing fear as the first teir.

Second teir splits off into two different tree's one being Intimidate shopkeepers, 5/10/15/20% bonus when selling item's. The other would be Intimidate guards which would give you a 5/10/15/20% discount when paying fines.

Third teir would contenue with 5/10/15/20% discount when buying items while the other is 5/10/15/20% chance guards wont bother arresting you for petty crimes.

Last one on the list would be Bully shopkeepers which would give you 5/10/15/20% of the stores profit once a week while the other would be evict person where you can take over someones home with a cash settlement relitive to the estates worth, important characters EG guard captains, priests, lords etc can not be evicted tho.

Likeable would start of with you can now do menial jobs in town to earn cash, eg blacksmith, hunter, miner whatever, cash is not the only bonus a boost to the towns economy and a small increase in the town's people like for you

Second teir would have a co-opt venture option for shops where you put in a certain amount of cash into shops and receive a 5/10/15/20% payback at the end of the week, the amount is subject to towns economy. The other is pay for tutoring, this option will open up an option for companions where they leave for a certain amount of time and increase their skills in certain area's, this is relative to your level in this perk and how much you pay.

Third teir has only one final option where you can pay guards to leave the city and help you, they will not go too far away from the city, they will not tolerate you annoying them by casting, frenzy and other hilarious spells on them and will return back to the city if the money stops. You cannot hire quest essential/giving guards or the entire garrison. Each level in this perk will allow one more guard to follow you with a maximin of 4

I wouldnt have put perks at all, I'd have just slowed down the skill growth rate.

The perk system is basically a huge nerf, meant to ensure that even with all maxed skills a Skyrim Hero isnt anywhere as versatile as a Oblivion hero. Most perks are simply things you could do with base skills only in Oblivion, but now you can only pick a quarter of the things you used to be able to do - the rest is unattainable for a given character.

Whilst I get the arguments in favor (uniqueness, replayability, etc), I liked being able to become a master of all trades. Its not a matter of challenge either since the game can always be balanced accordingly.

Thats why I'm not a huge fan of perks. But Ill give them a whirl for a single playthrough, pure vanilla. Then I'll mod the effin' fecal matter out of them until I come up with a system that satifies me.

I want a bleed effect for daggers (rupture!)

Barbed arrows, bleed once again, more initial damage too.

I'd LOVE a perk that allowed you to run a couple of m up a wall to reach high places, but since they seem intent on gimping all acrobatics, don't think I'll ever see that...

Maybe if the next game in the series is in Valenwood, we'll get allot more climbing and archery posibilities!

I wouldnt have put perks at all, I'd have just slowed down the skill growth rate.

The perk system is basically a huge nerf, meant to ensure that even with all maxed skills a Skyrim Hero isnt anywhere as versatile as a Oblivion hero. Most perks are simply things you could do with base skills only in Oblivion, but now you can only pick a quarter of the things you used to be able to do - the rest is unattainable for a given character.

Whilst I get the arguments in favor (uniqueness, replayability, etc), I liked being able to become a master of all trades. Its not a matter of challenge either since the game can always be balanced accordingly.

Thats why I'm not a huge fan of perks. But Ill give them a whirl for a single playthrough, pure vanilla. Then I'll mod the effin' fecal matter out of them until I come up with a system that satifies me.

its a huge buff from what we've seen some of them seem overpowered. also you want to become god and get every perk. its not unattainable, its called console commands.