Question about Dragon Age

ninjamedic

I was eavesdropping on my classmates the other day and they were discussing Dragon Age. I wanted to try it but I didn't know which one is the first and second Dragon Age. Can some tell me which one is the first one and which is the second Dragon Age?

Dragon age: Origins= first Dragon age 2= funnily enough the second :P

The stories are not really linked majorly although you can import DA1 save game for certain things and small cameo roles from some cast members.

Dragon Age origins is more of an epic save the world style, and DA2 story is more smaller in scale, also focused more just on one city and a few surrounding areas rather then the entire country.

The stories both start off at around the same time, but in the second you are fleeing the enemy who you fight in DA:O and end up a refugee in another country/city.

Dragon age:Origins has more choice on how you start it, DA2 your just a human.

Dragon age: Origins= first Dragon age 2= funnily enough the second :P

The stories are not really linked majorly although you can import DA1 save game for certain things and small cameo roles from some cast members.

Dragon Age origins is more of an epic save the world style, and DA2 story is more smaller in scale, also focused more just on one city and a few surrounding areas rather then the entire country.

The stories both start off at around the same time, but in the second you are fleeing the enemy who you fight in DA:O and end up a refugee in another country/city.

Dragon age:Origins has more choice on how you start it, DA2 your just a human.

Wow, that was more than I asked for, but it was laso very helpful. Thanks :biggrin:

Start with DA:O, its the better game of the two. DA2 improved the animations a lot and the combat somewhat, but took several leaps backwards in all other areas.

Urgh, I'm still having nightmares about the sequal. :sick:

I was eavesdropping on my classmates the other day and they were discussing Dragon Age. I wanted to try it but I didn't know which one is the first and second Dragon Age. Can some tell me which one is the first one and which is the second Dragon Age?

You know you could have asked in the forums that we have here and saved yourself a bit of time.

DA: Origins is your typical BioWare "hero saves the day, mary/marty stu, character. The chosen one who thou must and gets all the babes". It's great old times sake but it isn't anything new that we have seen from BioWare. The only positive thing is the characters but they are like walking encyclopedias.

DA2 is about fatality of failure. It's about the stuggle of overcoming tragedy, a story of surivival. It suffers from lack of polish because of too many ideas but the DLCs are amasing (Not lying). It is BioWare's lowest rated game to date but it is one of BioWare's most ambitious. There are tons of improvements in the sequal but it is all bogged down again by lack of implementation of ideas.

I recommend you start with origins, and then move onto DA:2. Firstly, because origins has so much more depth in it and really throws you into the story. Secondly, Origins has a bit more variety.

Nonetheless, DA:2 is still awesome, however it's focus (according to me) is mainly the fighting and "flashiness". But i strongly recommend both of them.

Dragon Age : Origins is great. I haven't played DA2, and will probably wait for the ultimate edition or whatever with all DLC in it to be released. I wasn't impressed with the changes to the combat or graphics style in the demo, and a lot of people don't seem to like the game.

yea i played the hell out of DAO, didnt get Awakening, and have DA2 but have played like the first mission and didnt care for it. ill go back to is someday im sure, but DAO is deff worth it.